Lost Ethernet, cable unplugged.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Lost Ethernet, cable unplugged.

Postby finepics » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I've been using PS3MS for some years now and has been no trouble apart from being fussy with some .mkv files. My system is all linked by ethernet running through an Apple Time Capsule router. Recently I often get a lost ethernet, cable unplugged warning and usually while watching something. At first I though my trusty old 1st gen TC was packing up but having just bought a new one the problem still happens so it cant be a bad connection. I read that there are issues with the PS3 or even the iMac that's serving to the PS3. Creating a new network location sometimes cures it but as yet not tried that as it happens randomly so will have to watch a run of stuff and see what the debug log says.

So if anyone's had the same issue can you let me know what worked. I'm not sure how to pin it down to one thing?
finepics

Re: Lost Ethernet, cable unplugged.

Postby rbg79 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:42 am

Wow I've been having the exact same problems - and only in the past week.
I've checked my router, and there are no error messages there, I've also checked PS3 Media Server and there are no messages there. No obvious errors plus the cabling between the router and the ps3 is top quality (and brand new).

Did you ever get any idea how to solve the problem?
rbg79

Re: Lost Ethernet, cable unplugged.

Postby rbg79 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:12 am

ok I found this: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414235/ps3-e ... ndom-error

I'm going to try and set it up this weekend and see if the problem 'goes away'.
The speed of the disconnect/reconnect (less than 3 seconds) is pushing me away from a cable failure and towards random software issues, but I'm not sure.
rbg79

Return to General Help and Support