DTS -> LPCM Wrapped DTS

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

DTS -> LPCM Wrapped DTS

Postby mossman1120 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:28 pm

I am trying to write a small application that will repackage a MKV with a h264 video and DTS audio into a m2ts with h264 video and DTS with the LPCM headers. I was trying to figure out how you did the conversion but my Java skills are a bit limited. Would anyone be able to provide me some help on how to covert the audio? Thanks in advance.
mossman1120
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: DTS -> LPCM Wrapped DTS

Postby Raptor399 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:42 pm

FFmpeg can probably do that out of the box, no Java programming required.
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Re: DTS -> LPCM Wrapped DTS

Postby mossman1120 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:03 am

mossman1120 wrote:I am trying to write a small application that will repackage a MKV with a h264 video and DTS audio into a m2ts with h264 video and DTS with the LPCM headers. I was trying to figure out how you did the conversion but my Java skills are a bit limited. Would anyone be able to provide me some help on how to covert the audio? Thanks in advance.


Would you happen to know the options cause I am pretty sure I tried ffmpeg before to no avail? Thanks.
mossman1120
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: DTS -> LPCM Wrapped DTS

Postby ExSport » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Raptor399 wrote:FFmpeg can probably do that out of the box, no Java programming required.

He wants DTS embedded to PCM stream (PS3 hack) what ffmpeg don't support I suppose.
Anyway FFMPEG maybe supports DTS muxing but there are lot of threads that final file is incompatible with HW devices:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7528&start=60#p68897
http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1398
ExSport
 
Posts: 2167
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: DTS -> LPCM Wrapped DTS

Postby mossman1120 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:48 am

ExSport wrote:
Raptor399 wrote:FFmpeg can probably do that out of the box, no Java programming required.

He wants DTS embedded to PCM stream (PS3 hack) what ffmpeg don't support I suppose.
Anyway FFMPEG maybe supports DTS muxing but there are lot of threads that final file is incompatible with HW devices:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7528&start=60#p68897
http://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1398


I get that it won't work on normal devices. My household LAN isn't that good so streaming the content results in poor play back. I wanted to make a copy of the content with the DTS packed in LPCM to play off of a thumb drive as a compromise.
mossman1120
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 pm


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests