Folder Limit Help

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Folder Limit Help

Postby JaqBauer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:54 pm

I recently discovered the awesome PS3 Media Server and had planned to use it to play music from my Mac through my PS3. I encountered a problem where some of my songs are not showing up on the PS3. The specific problem I run into is some of the folders say "There are no tracks" when I try to play them.

I should clarify that I'm one of the most technically inept people around. After doing some research on this site, I believe I've determined that one of two things has happened:

1. I'm not looking in the correct section on my PS3 Cross Media Bar
2. I've hit the folder limit (PS3 limitation)

I can confirm that I'm playing my songs through the Music section of the PS3 Cross Media Bar, so it's got to be number 2. When I first started, I just linked the shared folder: /Users/Me/Music. As soon as I realized I had the folder problem, I changed the shared folder link to: /Users/Me/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music. That ended up being as far down the tree I could link. When I went back to my PS3 after Saving and Restarting the Server, I still ran into the same problem. Some of my songs would play and others showed "No Tracks."

What can I do to fix this issue? All of my music has been purchased from iTunes. There isn't anything different about the way I've gathered these songs. I just don't know where to go from here and I'm afraid I've exhausted the technical bones in my body. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
JaqBauer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: Folder Limit Help

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Is there anything useful in the debug.log when you try to view a "No tracks" folder?

FAQ: How can I supply details to help diagnose my problem?
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am

Re: Folder Limit Help

Postby JaqBauer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:24 pm

I opened a "There are no tracks" folder on my PS3 and waited for the debug.log to stop updating. I then copied the entire log and put it in Pastebin. I believe it can be accessed at:

http://pastebin.com/bJU1i2TG

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea what any of the debug.log means. It's all greek to me. Again, any and all help is appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm clearly in over my head with this stuff.
JaqBauer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Re: Folder Limit Help

Postby Raptor399 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:36 pm

Not sure what causes them, but log entries like this worry me:
Code: Select all
INFO  2013-07-20 10:55:28.333 [New I/O server worker #1-4] Node (net.pms.dlna.virtual.MediaLibrary) already has an ID (0$8), which is overriden now. The previous parent node was: RootFolder[[MapFile [name=Music, id=0$1, format=null, children=[]], MapFile [name=Downloads, id=0$2, format=null, children=[]], MapFile [name=Desktop, id=0$3, format=null, children=[]], MapFile [name=Album Artwork, id=0$4, format=null, children=[]], MapFile [name=iTunes Media, id=0$5, format=null, children=[]], MapFile [name=iTunes Music, id=0$6, format=null, children=[]], VirtualFolder [id=7, name=iTunes Library, full path=0$7, ext=null, discovered=false]]]

I think these are responsible for the empty folders that you see, however there is no hint in the log that tells me why they happen.

This one below is harmless, but I committed a fix for it nevertheless:
Code: Select all
DEBUG 2013-07-20 10:58:56.767 [New I/O server worker #2-4] Could not parse year "utc 1997-06-03 07:00:00"

This one I thought I nailed earlier this year, but apparently not:
Code: Select all
java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_51]
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:125) ~[na:1.6.0_51]
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(DatagramSocket.java:372) ~[na:1.6.0_51]
        at java.net.MulticastSocket.bind(MulticastSocket.java:162) ~[na:1.6.0_51]
        at java.net.MulticastSocket.<init>(MulticastSocket.java:147) ~[na:1.6.0_51]
        at net.pms.network.UPNPHelper.getNewMulticastSocket(UPNPHelper.java:229) ~[pms-1.82.0.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.UPNPHelper.sendAlive(UPNPHelper.java:172) ~[pms-1.82.0.jar:na]
        at net.pms.network.UPNPHelper$1.run(UPNPHelper.java:329) [pms-1.82.0.jar:na]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680) [na:1.6.0_51]


Sorry for answering in Greek. ;-)

It probably won't help, but you could try installing the latest pms-setup-macosx-1.90.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz version, see if it improves things.
Raptor399
Project Member
 
Posts: 1916
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:06 am


Return to General Help and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests