undo pms'd files?

General discussion about PS3 Media Server (no support or requests)

undo pms'd files?

Postby mercury187 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi,
For a few years I ran my .mkv's through ps3 media server so that I could place them on a hard drive for playback on my ps3. I have now moved to a HTPC and a synology disk station and when I try to play my ps3 media server converted files in XBMC there is no audio or it just doesn't play at all. I'm wondering if it's possible to some how undo the process of ps3 media server and convert the .mpg back to .mkv? I never changed the audio in the conversion process because I have a onkyo surround receiver. Any help would be appreciated.
mercury187

Re: undo pms'd files?

Postby meskibob » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Nope. Once a file is transcoded and you save off the transcode and delete the source, you now have a different file.
You could convert it back to an mkv through a similar transcoding process (although it would still be a different file than the source) outside of PMS, but it would be better to first figure out why exactly XMBC isn't liking the file you're trying to play. Unfortunately, this is not the proper support forum for that question.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mercury187 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:06 pm

So I should take my question over to XBMC forum? What exactly should I tell them? That I transcoded some mkv's through ps3 media server and now i'm trying to play them on XBMC and they won't play right?
mercury187

Postby meskibob » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:17 pm

I would check their forum rules (or their support page if they have one) for asking questions, but essentially yes.
"I have a file, it won't play, here are the file details", and then provide them with the MediaInfo or a sample of the file in question, along with any other necessary info per their support rules.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Discussion