FAQ/Tutorial Discussion/Archive

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: FAQ Discussion

Postby chocolateboy » Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 am

cimeries wrote:I followed this but found no web.conf file, only a pms.conf file, am I to create this file or dl it from some place.

FAQ: The Web folder does not appear on my renderer
chocolateboy
Project Member

Re: PS3 Media Server Tutorial/FAQ

Postby chruez » Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 pm

i've followed all steps to reduce the shuttering, it was bit wired, not only mkv movies also the small avi one's freezed frequently.
so i followed all stepps with changing to jumboframe and so on.
At least i replaced my netgear 1gb switch with a 3com 100mbit device, since then it's working well.. no freezes, nothing anymore.
i previously tried to minimize the bandwith with settings, but then i decided to replace the switch..
chruez

Re: FAQ/Tutorial Discussion/Archive

Postby leroy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:22 pm

I guess that is a good idea to add a warning to the
My device is not supported by PMS. How can I create a custom renderer.conf to make PMS recognize my device?
FAQ post, that all the, including a custom made config file will be deleted if you update or reinstall PMS.

I have experienced this, it was realy frustrating.
leroy

Postby Raptor399 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:58 am

Fair point, I have added a reminder.
Thanks!
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby jb1000 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm

I have another solution for the stuttering during streaming which worked for me but has not been listed before. Disable the noise filters on the PS3 itself. I had 1080p files in .m2ts or .mts format that just kept stuttering no matter what I did - 100mb, 1gbit network - whatever. I changed a setting on the PS3 itself and solved the problem, can now even use a 100mb LAN connection and the 1080p video streaming works smoothly using PS3 media server. On the PS3, you need to disable all the "noise filters". The setting for these can be accessed during playback only by pressing the Triangle button on the BD controller or game controller then highlighting the icon for "AV setting" and pressing the "x" button to select. Disable all thee of these of noise reduction settings. You will see there are three of them - frame noise reduction, block noise reduction and mosquito noise reduction. For some reason, disabling all of these stopped all the stutter, even though these settings are most often associated with upscaling of DVD disc playback, not streaming of 1080p m2ts files.
jb1000

Postby crakarjax » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:24 pm

I don't see the option in Mencoder settings to "switch to tsmuxer..." -- has this option been removed and if so, please note that it is still in the help file.
crakarjax

Postby ExSport » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:53 pm

Yes, it was removed year ago or so.
ExSport

Postby Twinrehz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Can someone explain to me the difference between using LPCM and AC-3 in PMS? For some mystical reason LPCM has decided to crap out on me and not transmit Front Left, Front Right and Center audio to the PS3 any more, forcing me to use AC-3 instead (which my imagination tells me is a step down). What's weird is the PS3 still tells me there are 6 channels present when using LPCM. Changing from stereo to surround makes no difference to the sound.

I use a stereo amp without any modern decoding possibilities, only a DAC upsampler for audio quality reasons, also without decoding capabilites, so the decoding must be done by my PS3 or PMS. Honestly I don't even know which one does that. I assume it's the PS3, since the option is to keep the AC-3 track, specifying that there's no re-encoding done.
Twinrehz

Previous

Return to General Help and Support