Vizio Smart TV

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Vizio Smart TV

Postby Digisullie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 am

I have PS3 installed and running fine. My TV picks up the server in its media section and I am able to select the correct folder I want to get to. The problem is that when I click on the folder where all my videos are located, I get a loading on the TV but just keeps loading and never opens the Movie folder. It's been about 15 minutes of loading so far. Is the folder too big?
Digisullie

Re: Vizio tv with yahoo widget

Postby goldenpipes » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:31 am

I'm new here I have a Visio 42" does it matter at all which version of smart tv we are using? What widget do I need to have on my tv? The only media player widget I have is the built in one, that never seems to find any servers. Only can see USB stick.

My tv is model #

E422VL

Thanks!
goldenpipes

Re: Vizio tv with yahoo widget

Postby goldenpipes » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:01 am

i think the difference might be that i have Vizio E422VL and not a E422VLE....

can anyone else let me know?

I definitly have the Apps on my TV. but maybe the Vizio Media widget is different?
goldenpipes

Vizio TV's

Postby badincite » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Are there any renders the work with vizio tv's? I cant seem to get any of them to work they just lock up once you click on the movie.

I have a Vizio Model is E422AR and a Vizio M Series 50" I just bought yesterday that wont work
badincite

Re: Vizio TV

Postby chocolateboy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 pm

A Vizio Smart TV profile will be available in the next release. In the meantime, you can test it — and suggest fixes/improvements — by downloading it from here (save it to the renderers directory).
chocolateboy
Project Member

Re: Vizio Smart TV

Postby badincite » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:12 pm

No go locks my m series up so bad i have to kill power. Looks like its trying to transcode the whole thing before it even plays

Debug.log
http://pastebin.com/UzmP1EBd
badincite

Postby mazey » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:41 am

Code: Select all
TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
StreamExtensions=

thoose 2 lines above in the config should be #'d out or else mediainfo=true doesnt work. like this...

Code: Select all
#TranscodeExtensions=dvr-ms,dvr,mkv,dv,ty,mov,ogm,hdmov,hdm,rmv,rmvb,rm,asf,evo,asx,flv,m2v,mpe,mod,tivo,ty,tmf,ts,tp,m2p,mp4,m4v,avi,wmv,wm,divx,div,flac,mlp,fla,wma,m4a,aac,dts,mka,ape,ogg,shn,mpc,ra,mp2,wv,oma,aa3,gif,png,arw,cr2,crw,dng,raf,mrw,nef,pef,tif,tiff
#StreamExtensions=

this has been a bug for a very long time, maybe the devs can take a look at the code for this see whats wrong. basically it doesnt ignore the transcodeextentions line if mediainfo=true which it should.

also see... (for reference)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15972#p76095
PMS 1.90.2 SNAPSHOT - HP Proliant Microserver N54L 2.2Ghz - Windows Home Server 2011 (64bit) 8GB - Bravia KDL55HX750
mazey

Postby badincite » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 pm

No difference. About to return the tv and by a samsung its been pissing me off
badincite

Vizio M3D421SR compatible?

Postby RoDnSuE » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi,
Has anyone had success with the WIFI enabled Vizio M3D421SR?

This was a 2011 black Friday deal and I purchased 2 of them. I knew nothing about serving content from a computer until the last few weeks so it wasn't a concern back then. I have been trying everything I can think of to get the TV to show the files under the media widget. PS3 media server shows a nice big green check and a picture of the TV under renderers, but the media widget never shows the files.

I contacted Vizio chat a while back and was told it IS DLNA compliant. It WILL play audio/video/pictures from a USB drive plugged into the port. Later, I contacted them again and explained that I was trying to stream local content to them and was told it was not possible. I thought DLNA compliant meant it would stream local content.

I have re installed PS3 media server as Admin and run it as admin. I have also downloaded the recently made
"Vizio SmartTV" config file and it is the only config file in the renderers folder at present. I have this config forced under the general tab.

Computer is....
Dell 1737 laptop Intel core 2 Duo T6500 @ 2.1 Ghz
4Gb ram
500Gb hard drive
W7 Home 64bit (service pack 1)

Router is a D-link DSL-2750B with a 1TB hard drive plugged into the NAS USB port.

Running PS3 Media server version 1.82.0
Running Java version 1.7.0_21

The network map in network and sharing center does not show my TV's but the map in my D-link modem/router does show them.

ANY suggestions or comments are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks,
Rod

Here is the debug log file.... (Hope I did this right)
http://pastebin.com/efzsdwC9
Last edited by chocolateboy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix pastebin link
RoDnSuE

Postby RoDnSuE » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:54 pm

Update....

I decided to try to connect the laptop to the TV via a stand alone Linksys e1000 router. With a totally wired connection and all firewalls and virus protection turned off. The router and TV shows a good network connection but I never get the renderer found indication in PS3 media server.

I did this so I could verify nothing external could be interfering with the connection. So I am beginning to believe the Vizio M3D421SR is not as "smart" as it should/could be.

I think it's time to look at getting a PROVEN "wireless" external renderer that ps3 media server can see. One with an HDMI output to make this work.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Rod
RoDnSuE

PreviousNext

Return to Alternative Media Renderers