New ISP and PS3 not being found as a renderer

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

New ISP and PS3 not being found as a renderer

Postby Kyizen » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Hey all,

I looked through the forums but didnt see anything related but if so just point me in the right directions.

Anyways PMS worked fine with my old ISP but I just got Verizon Fios installed and now None of my media servers can find my PS3. I know this issue is not isolated to PMS cause Vuze can't see it also. The ps3 is on the network and has an assigned IP, all online functions work on it and media server is enabled. I have PMS force ip to my desktop where my media is all other settings are default.

Does anyone know if this is an issue with Verizon and I have mess around with router settings, or could it be settings on my PC although PMS was working fine with those settings and my old ISP.

Thanks,

If need be ill post my trace log but I don't see any can't or unusual stuff in there.
Kyizen

Re: New ISP and PS3 not being found as a renderer

Postby meskibob » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:10 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Kyizen » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 pm

I was able to find out what it was and fixed it

Basically seaching the forums showed I needed to disable IGMP proxy in my router settings. However Version took away this setting from the advanced network settings page and I had no luck finding it anywhere.

I finally stumbled upon a thread there someone said it was hidden and posted a link. This let me to a page where I could disble and BOOM PS3 was found!

Here is the link below,

Thanks everyone who helped out

This was for the Verizon Fios Actiontec router btw for people having issues

Change the setting for IGMP proxy. It's hidden.
[url]192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059[/url]
Kyizen

Postby meskibob » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:08 pm

That is directly covered in "Source 2" under the help point "Check your router's settings to see if there are any settings to toggle for UDP traffic or multicast/IGMP traffic (e.g. IGMP Proxy on Verizon FIOS routers [source 1, source 2])" in the FAQ post I linked.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support