Start as service, reduce to icon start option issue

For help and support with issues specific to Mac OS X
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Start as service, reduce to icon start option issue

Postby Turtlegsr » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:23 am

Hi guy,
i'm a new PS3 users switch from AppleTV......after 1 year hoping to get movie rent, etc but here in Italy no news so........ i switch to ps3!!!

Now, at home i have only MAC platform :-) fortunatly and PS3 works fine, expect in some minor case that i try to understand and address, but i have this 2 very easy question....

1. Reduce to icon start option
If i enable this, i can start succesfully ps3ms and found it my dock, but how i can open to change some option? I try any combination of key, but nothing happen..... OPT+space,opt+0,...and so on

2. For windows platform there is a service startup option, is possible to install PS3MS also service on my iMAC?

very compliment for this server, at the moment i tested only video streaming...... i will test also picture and music in the next future.

GREAT PROJECT...GO ON.....

CAN I HELP IN SOME THING?

Thanks in advance
Marco (Italy)
Turtlegsr

Re: Start as service, reduce to icon start option issue

Postby Redlum » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 am

That option doesn't work on mac, I'll look at disabling it for the next version since there seems to be a lot of confusion about it. Use cmd+h to hide the window for now.

Service startup is only for Windows, it's something I'm interested in doing in the future for mac.
Redlum
Project Member

Re: Start as service, reduce to icon start option issue

Postby Turtlegsr » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:09 pm

OK thanks, i will create a script ;-) to start and hide it :-)

I will post a link to download it if someone is interesting on it....

by
Marco
Turtlegsr

Return to Mac OS X Support