Subtitle option on PS3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Subtitle option on PS3

Postby mpit52 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:18 am

Hey guys,
I searched around a little bit but can't seem to find the answer that I'm looking for. Is there a way to configure the latest build of PS3 Media Server to give the option to chose a subtitle directly from the PS3? Some of the movies i watch need English subtitles while most of them don't and having to go in and disable subtitles on the server is getting quite annoying. If this is something that someone has already asked, please let me know what thread and I will check myself.

Thank you in advance guys,
mpit52

Re: Subtitle option on PS3

Postby ExSport » Thu May 23, 2013 10:49 am

PS3 doesn't support subtitles but I don't understand why you need to disable subs manually in GUI?
Set audio/sub preference properly and PMS will choose/disable correct subs automatically.
ExSport

Postby AofI » Tue May 28, 2013 5:08 am

I too am having an issue with this, how do you set audio/sub preference properly?
Seems no mater what I try it always show the subtitles unless I disable them completely.
Thanks for the help!
AofI

Postby naks » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 am

Hi guys,

I am also having the same issue on v1.90.1.

A lot of movies I have contain built-in Eng subtitles, and it's very irritating to have these come up.

If I disable the subtitles completely, then I have to switch the option back on when I want to watch foreign movies.

Anyone have a solution to disable built-in subtitles while leaving external .srt ones enables?
naks

Postby ExSport » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:02 pm

In past I made a FAQ (quite obsolete site right now) because of lot of questions:
https://code.google.com/p/pms-exsport/wiki/FAQ
Also I am sure you will find same step-by-step answers in forum or FAQ here.
When you will set PMS correctly and your files have correctly tagged audio/subs tracks, PMS then should respect your settings and enable subs only for audio languages you don't understand (plus it supports FORCED subs which can load subs also for languages you understand but there are parts which are in different lang like latin, klingon....)
Check the linked FAQ.
Also in TRANSCODE folder you can find all the audio/sub combinations so you can easily play option you need. Also there is VIDEO SETTINGS folder (if enabled in GUI) which gives you definitely enable/disable subs directly from your renderer.
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support