PS3 Streaming Folder order reversed from how it is on PC.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Streaming Folder order reversed from how it is on PC.

Postby Wiktor222 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:37 pm

I have my movies placed with the year first and have the sorted by name in descending order on my PC. When I open any of the folders on the PS3 it shows the order in ascending order instead. is there a way to force the PS3 to view it the way I want if so what do I do? In addition I want to have my PS3 media server stay on all the time and on startup of computer. I updated to 1.81.0 and I have to restart server on PC to have PS3 media server show itself on my TV a pain. In addition I have a 1000 pictures in a folder and I think that is too many for the the PS3 to transfer over because when I try to view pictures I always get and error and PS3 media server crashes. Can I avoid the crash and change some setting on the media server or just place less pictures per folder? I have a 15 foot Cat5 Ethernet cable connected from PC to TV. a Quad Core Processor 3.60 GHz with 8.00 GB of RAM with a 64 bit operating system Windows 7 Ultimate. Most of these issues seem like simple fixes was hoping someone had the answers.
Wiktor222

Re: PS3 Streaming Folder order reversed from how it is on PC

Postby chocolateboy » Mon May 20, 2013 3:14 pm

PMS settings are documented in the FAQ/Tutorial (e.g.) and on the Help tab in the GUI.

Wiktor222 wrote:is there a way to force the PS3 to view it the way I want if so what do I do?

Navigation/Share Settings -> File order.

I updated to 1.81.0 and I have to restart server on PC to have PS3 media server show itself on my TV a pain.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16806&p=79263#p79263

In addition I have a 1000 pictures in a folder and I think that is too many for the the PS3 to transfer over because when I try to view pictures I always get and error and PS3 media server crashes. Can I avoid the crash and change some setting on the media server or just place less pictures per folder?

Uncheck Navigation/Share Settings -> Image thumbnails.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby Wiktor222 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:54 pm

I updated to 1.81.0 and I have to restart server on PC to have PS3 media server show itself on my TV a pain.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16806&p=79263#p79263

I do not know what option to choose from the drop list on "Force Networking on interface" or how to figure out which one I choose?
Wiktor222

Postby Wiktor222 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:52 am

Here is a way to find out exactly what type of network interface you have exactly below for the "Force networking on interface"

"Control Panel

Click Start > Control Panel.
Click System and Security.
Under System, click Device Manager.
Click the pointer symbol in front of Network Adapters to expand the section.
Right-click the network adapter.
Click Properties.
Click the Driver tab to see the driver version.
Click the Link Speed tab to see the Intel® PROSet version. NOTE: The Link Speed tab does not display if Intel PROSet is not installed."

or

My Computer

Click Start > Computer.
Click System properties.
Click Device Manager.
Click the pointer symbol in front of Network Adapters to expand the section.
Right-click the network adapter.
Click Properties.
Click the Driver tab to see the driver version.
Click the Link Speed tab to see the Intel PROSet version. NOTE: The Link Speed tab does not display if Intel PROSet is not installed.
Wiktor222

Return to General Help and Support