Tsmuxer audio goes into slow motion after 2 min

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Tsmuxer audio goes into slow motion after 2 min

Postby drem » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:03 pm

I am watching True Blood 720p episodes and suddenly, since 4-5 episodes back, if I use TsMuxer the audio goes into slow motion after about 2 min, making it unwatchable. Mencoder works fine. Just curious if anyone have experienced this and maybe come up with a solution?

This is the latest release, with the same problem: True.Blood.S03E09.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE

Is it the group, IMMERSE, again who failed, as with the sound issues on some never movies?
drem

Re: Tsmuxer audio goes into slow motion after 2 min

Postby devildog93 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Lately, IMMERSE releases have had problems, as well as many other release groups. The "no audio" issue is not the only symptom I have noticed lately. I have noticed that tsMuxer.exe, ffmpeg.exe have all had issues with MKV playback, displaying errors more often than usual.
More blackscreens with tsMuxer, or sound streams in a file not playing....etc. etc. or slow motion video.

I believe, though, that the cause is generally the same, an issue with muxxing or writing.

You could try unchecking "force FPS parsed from ffmpeg in the meta file" under tsMuxer tab in PMS.
Might help with these particular files????

Or you could try some of the fixes suggested in this link.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7203&start=0

Or, if you don't lose too much quality, and your CPU can keep up, just run the MEncoder option. Generally, the IMMERSE tv releases are not too high bitrate, and MEncoder should work, especially as 720 releases.
devildog93

Postby drem » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

I tried changing a lot of settings for Tsmuxer but couldn't get rid of this particular one with True Blood, but since it only happens with IMMERSE releases of True Blood it's nothing to hang up on. I do use Mencoder for files that doesn't work with Tsmuxer but Tsmuxer has the slight edge, video quality-wise. The difference is small, but noticable when watching on the bigger screen. I put a newer version of Mencoder.exe into the program folder but I couldn't find newer versions of Mencoder_mt or Tsmuxer.

As you said more and more releases have problems in PMS, but I found that they are almost always "fixable" using mkvmerge and mkvextract for example. Makes you wonder what happened with ripping (apart from the Cinavia issue) the past 2-3 months to make it like this?
drem

Postby devildog93 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:33 am

Not educated enough to say for certain, but what I have read is something to do with a hidden feature on MKVToolnix, that now, since latest version (4.1.1) have come out. What I have gathered, is that header compression is the main issue. For some reason, it is now activated on the latest Toolnix release. Thus, reverting back to version 3.3.0 /3.4.0 or older and remuxxing seems to counter-act this problem.

Not positive, and not informed enough to give you definitive answer, but this seems to be the consensus.
I seem to be able to manage to get nearly every file working in some manner, just is a pain in the butt sometimes.
devildog93

Postby PeterK2 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Audio slow motion by my guess is problem when first minutes are stereo and then during movie switch to 5.1 (like game of thrones). This is still not fixed in 1.81, you need use Universal Media Server for this.
PeterK2

Postby Tontonjerome » Sun May 19, 2013 8:59 pm

I have the same problem with Game of thrones, it is ok during the "previously on" but then when the series starts, the sound goes slow motion... This problem is new for me since 3 or 4 episodes of Game of Thrones

Can someone help me out with this ?
Tontonjerome

Postby jibi049 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:29 pm

Same problem with Game of Thrones, using the default transcoder... (MEncoder)
jibi049

Postby Jadis » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 am

Hey all,

I found this thread through a Google search and I was having the same problem as described in the OP with many of my video files.

I was able to fix this by forcing 2-speaker audio output through the option under Common Transcode Settings --> Maximum number of audio channels to output for AC-3 re-encoding: ((SET TO 2 channels (Stereo) ))

If someone is trying to output audio for a surround sound setup or 5.1, I'm afraid I do not have a solution.

Hope this helps others in the future! Thanks.
Jadis

Postby ExSport » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 am

It has solution and it is using "keep AC3 audio" or how it is named.
Check link for more info:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15191&start=10#p76214
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support