Solution for Xbox/PS3 not detecting PS3MS

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Solution for Xbox/PS3 not detecting PS3MS

Postby Davrinhatesyou » Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi guys,

first post here, and this has probably been covered somewhere before, but I thought it might be helpful for me to post a little solution I found when my console *suddenly* stopped detecting PS3MS after a pc/router restart.
Anyway, I went through the faq when I had issues, and found nothing I tried from there worked (there might be more posts there, but I'll be first to admit that I didn't dig TOO much - google was pretty useless in this instance).

Now I would get this in the Traces (everything before this message was fine):

INFO 2012-05-02 19:32:23.156 [main] The server should now appear on your renderer
INFO 2012-05-02 19:32:33.862 [UPNPHelper] No IP filter specified, access granted to /10.0.0.4

after that last one, it just wouldn't detect my console.
BUT that ip you see there, kept sticking to 10.0.0.6, which was another network card in my pc,as opposed to 10.0.0.4, which I wanted to use. Forcing the networking interface under General Configuration wasn't working either.
So I went to Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings then disabled the other network cards. closed PS3MS and restarted it, turned console on - and lo and behold, it detects PS3MS without a problem.
Turns out that the network cards were conflicting with PS3MS, and the force networking interface setting wasn't changing that.

Hope this works for others who might have a problem too, just another idea to try for those with multiple network cards/interfaces to try. Pretty obvious really, but sometimes the obvious solutions avoid you!
Davrinhatesyou

Re: Solution for Xbox/PS3 not detecting PS3MS

Postby Naveen_Reloaded » Thu May 16, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks. I was trying to remember all the changes i made before it stopped recognizing my PS3 , followed your method , now works fine.

Yes , forcing the PSM to use the specific (router) network interface didnt help me either.

Thanks.
Naveen_Reloaded

Re: Solution for Xbox/PS3 not detecting PS3MS

Postby meskibob » Thu May 16, 2013 4:38 pm

There have been a couple other people stating they haven't been able to successfully force the network interface - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16168&#p76771
Please follow the directions linked in that post for replicating that issue and then providing the trace log and PMS.conf.
Note: make sure you're using the latest version of PMS, not 1.72.0.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support