Panasonic Viera 2013 model conf file settings

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Panasonic Viera 2013 model conf file settings

Postby RobbieG » Sat May 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi all,

I recently got a Panasonic Viera ST60 TV, which as a built in DLNA streaming app. According to the website, this is what it supports:

AVCHD 3D/Progressive
SD-VIDEO
MKV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS
MP3/AAC/FLAC/WAV
JPEG/MPO

I'm trying to figure out how to optimize the Panasonic.conf file to disable transcoding on what is supported. So far I have successfully added this line:

Code: Select all
Supported = f:flac   n:2   a:flac   n:2   s:48000

I know I'm missing the mime type, which is recommended, but frankly I don't know what it is/should be.

Looking in the conf file, it appears as if .avi videos should be supported, but they are still showing up as being transcoded by mencoder through the tv, so clearly I need to do something different.

I thought you all could help me come up with the recommended settings for the conf file for these TV's. Being one of the top recommended models on cnet, hopefully this will help a lot of people!

Thanks,

Robbie G
RobbieG

Re: Panasonic Viera 2013 model conf file settings

Postby SubJunk » Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi RobbieG, if you want to do it quickly you can use mediainfo=false, then add the list of supported containers to StreamExtensions.
For example:
Code: Select all
MediaInfo=false
StreamExtensions=mkv,mp4,m4v,flv,avi,3gp,vro,vob,ts,ps,mp3,aac,fla,flac,wav,jpg,jpeg,mpo

Then where the other stuff becomes useful is if those files start failing, meaning the TV doesn't support all possible contents of those containers. Anyway start with that and you can tweak it later :)
SubJunk

Postby RobbieG » Sun May 12, 2013 1:47 am

Thanks for the reply!

Can I use "StreamExtensions=" if MediaInfo=true?

Can I use "Supported=" if MediaInfo=false?

Things didn't work quite right using what you posted, but I'm going to continue to tweak and see what I come up with.

Overall, whatever is in the Panasonic.conf file will trump any settings I do within the GUI, is that right?

Edit: I am currently having trouble getting unsupported .wma files to transcode. It looks like it's trying to use VLC and it says the file is not supported. If I disable VLC in the video file engines, it changes to FFMPEG Audio, and I can see the metadata for the song, but it will not play the file. In my .conf file, I have TranscodeAudio=WAV and MediaInfo=false.
RobbieG

Postby Raptor399 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:37 am

RobbieG wrote:Can I use "StreamExtensions=" if MediaInfo=true?

Yes.
You will also find the option "Skip transcode for the following extensions (comma separated)" under "Transcode Settings > Common transcode settings > Video settings > Misc options" in PMS.

No. The info from "Supported=" lines is not used at all when MediaInfo=false.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby ExSport » Mon May 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Raptor399 wrote:

No. The info from "Supported=" lines is not used at all when MediaInfo=false.

Not fully right answer 8-)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15841&p=76201#p76201
Also I thought that when MediaInfo=false is used, "Supported=" lines are ignored but it is not true. I was able to change mime type in this line also when MediaInfo=false.
ExSport

Postby Raptor399 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Blimey, I stand corrected! :shock:

I knew I should have opened the code to verify that claim... ;-)
Thanks for the correction, ExSport!
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby z1022 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:01 am

I can play MP3 in my TV Panasonic ET5H using PMS ver 1.81. However, FLAC muisc cannot display on TV to play.

Any reason ??
z1022

Return to Alternative Media Renderers