PMS No Longer Starting

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS No Longer Starting

Postby Uyrisel » Wed May 01, 2013 7:58 am

Hi, for some reason my PMS stopped working. Everytime I try to open it I watch in the task manager javaw.exe start up then just close. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, different versions and rolling back my system. For some reason it just won't start anymore. OS Windows 7 64bit. After messing around the only way I can get it to work is if I use PMS.bat. Any help?
Uyrisel

Re: PMS No Longer Starting

Postby meskibob » Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Uyrisel » Wed May 01, 2013 4:48 pm

I've tried everything the faq says for not starting. Nothing worked so far. I have 8gb ram and turned off cleartype. I have the newest update for Java and PMS. Still nada unfortunately.
Uyrisel

Postby eidolon_PS3 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I have a similar problem. My MEdia Server is starting, but it can;t locate anything to play on:

I have a PC, Windows 7.

I cmae to use the PS3MS today for the first time in couple of months, and it won;t detect either my PS3 or SonyTV anymore. Windown Media PLayer Server still works, but its somewhat limited in what it plays (no Divx), and is a pain to navigate.
I did have PSMS version 1.70, and I upgraded to 1.80.0 today, but that didn't help. I've been through the settings, and I can't find anything wrong.

So I guess the Java problem I've read about on the PS3 forum is affecting Windows 7 too. I didn't do a Java update as far as I recall, but it always worked perfectly fine up until this attempt, and with neither version running, I guess I have to assume its the same problem?

It says my Java is version 7, update 15.
eidolon_PS3

Postby meskibob » Wed May 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Uyrisel wrote:I've tried everything the faq says for not starting. Nothing worked so far. I have 8gb ram and turned off cleartype. I have the newest update for Java and PMS. Still nada unfortunately.

Then follow the directions in the FAQ post for providing additional details through the output.txt file and the debug.log file.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Zogundar » Thu May 02, 2013 4:19 am

Uyrisel wrote:I've tried everything the faq says for not starting. Nothing worked so far. I have 8gb ram and turned off cleartype. I have the newest update for Java and PMS. Still nada unfortunately.

I haven't tried the latest update, but Update 17 of Java broke PMS for me. Uninstalling it and rolling back to Update 15 instantly fixed it.
Zogundar

Return to General Help and Support