Choppy audio on some .avi movies, not all

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Choppy audio on some .avi movies, not all

Postby LaRanaVerde » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a newbie to the PMS and I'm having an issue with some of my movies. I'm streaming from my laptop, and thus far, I have encountered problems with only a few of my movies, namely my Star Wars collection; the audio is choppy on all of them. It doesn't seem to be a network issue, as I have gone back and forth between those and other movies, and others will stream perfectly, while the SW movies do not; the picture is fine, only the audio is choppy. All of my files are .avi. I realize that this has been asked about many other times, but my issue seems to be different than other people's issues. Before I found out about the PMS, I was transferring movies from my laptop to my PS3 via a USB jump drive and I had the same issue (choppy audio) with the same movies (another reason to cross a bad network connection off the list of possible problems). I've only checked maybe 1/10 of the movies I have, but I have not noticed any other problems. Again, I am a newbie, so things kind of have to be spelled out for me as far as the PMS goes. If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it. Feel free to ask for more information, but you may have to tell me where to find it...
Ribbit
LaRanaVerde

Return to General Help and Support