Latest Mac OS X beta build

Download and discuss official beta builds here

Re: Latest mac beta build

Postby Redlum » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:53 pm

felix wrote:Other than this issue the Mac OS X version works great! Do you have a donation feature for your time and efforts?

Sure, check the donations link at the bottom of the page at http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/ :)
Redlum
Project Member

Postby pokernut » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Wanted to point out that this DMG is a Universal Binary. I'm now able to run this on my Dual G5 PowerMac.

Awesome work!
pokernut

Postby Redlum » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:15 am

pokernut wrote:Wanted to point out that this DMG is a Universal Binary. I'm now able to run this on my Dual G5 PowerMac.

Awesome work!

Hasn't it always been like that? You just won't be able to do any transcoding on PPC.
Redlum
Project Member

Postby gustavoas » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 pm

Redlum wrote:Externalization of PS3/Xbox playback profiles, it's now possible to create profiles for any media renderer

First of all congrats for the great work!! Now, my question is regarding the creation of new profiles, I tried creating a profile for my DSM-520 with copy from the Popcorn Hour one; PMS seems to correctly load it but when the DSM is turned on it's recognized as a generic media renderer. Main change I have done was UserAgentSearch=redsonic, based on what I have done with Mediatomb, but clearly this is not right. Any ideas on how to make it work?

Thanks again,

Gustavo
gustavoas

Postby gustavoas » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:40 pm

gustavoas wrote:First of all congrats for the great work!! Now, my question is regarding the creation of new profiles, I tried creating a profile for my DSM-520 with copy from the Popcorn Hour one; PMS seems to correctly load it but when the DSM is turned on it's recognized as a generic media renderer. Main change I have done was UserAgentSearch=redsonic, based on what I have done with Mediatomb, but clearly this is not right. Any ideas on how to make it work?

Well, it worked now, I copied the PS3 one and changed instead of using the Popcorn profile as basis. It shows the name correctly and transcoded some mp4 files that were not working before. Now it would be interesting to find out if I could avoid the transcoding in some specific files and stream the subtitles apart as I do with mediatomb.
Mediatomb seems serve the subtitle as the official DSM media server does using the following config:

<manufacturerURL>redsonic.com</manufacturerURL>
<modelNumber>105</modelNumber>

Any chance there's anything similar in PMS?

Thanks,

Gustavo
gustavoas

Postby shagrath » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:01 am

I didn't know the dlna spec supported subtitles :p
and everybody complains about Microsoft ways of twisting every standard out there :p

well the level of tweaking the profiles (with manufacturer info and such) is not that advanced for the moment
and I don't even know how this media renderer proceed to retrieve the subtitles
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby gustavoas » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:53 am

Thanks for the reply! Not a big issue anyway, transcoding already brings the subtitle and this is what matters, was just hoping it was something easy as mediatomb just needed the manufacturer and model (like it also needs the User Agent = Redsonic).
BTW, the stopped videos issue with TSMuxer is still happening for me and now even if I keep mencoder as the only engine unflagging the Switch to TSMuxer option... need to play a little bit more to check if I didn't mess with anything by mistake...
gustavoas

Postby ahintz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:23 am

Let me also ask what "detected media renderers" means? I am seeing two, what I guess are generic icons, at the bottom of the Status screen in addition to a PS3 icon. Not sure what that is supposed to represent - the devices on my network are my DirecTV HD DVR, AppleTV, Roku Digital Video Player, PS3, iPhone, and MacBook Pro.
ahintz

Postby Redlum » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Uploaded latest beta build: http://files.exonet.nl/ps3/pms-macosx-beta-r326.dmg

If you want to keep updated about future beta (and official) releases, you can also follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Redlum
Redlum
Project Member

Postby j2048b » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:09 am

latest r326 build WILL NOT CONNECT ps3 to Mac pro,

never had this problem before, and have NEVER had to force an IP address, so hopefully someone can fix this hiccup?

dont get me wrong, I LOVE PS3 MEDIA SERVER BUT:

it sucks that when someone tries to improve something, it seems as though they keep going backwards and causing more issues?
j2048b

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Builds