Java Runtime 7.0 issue?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Java Runtime 7.0 issue?

Postby zombiehammer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:55 am

Hi all.

PMS has been working fine for ages (except, weirdly, I have to stop and start the Windows Service before it can see my Xbox every time).

Yesterday, I tried to run it, and, unusually, UAC asked me if I wanted to allow PMS. So, I allowed it. Then I got the message "PMS uses Java Runtime Environment 7.0, it will now be downloaded and installed". OK, so I'll let it do that. It goes quiet for a few moments, then throws "Download Failed: Timed out on connecting" at me.

I downloaded JRE 7.0 manually, from the Oracle site, both on and offline versions (just to be thorough), and updated PMS. Still the same thing, every time.

Any ideas?

I'm on Windows Vista Home Basic, if that's important.

Thanks.

Matt.
zombiehammer

Re: Java Runtime 7.0 issue?

Postby zombiehammer » Mon May 06, 2013 9:04 am

zombiehammer wrote:Hi all.

PMS has been working fine for ages (except, weirdly, I have to stop and start the Windows Service before it can see my Xbox every time).

Yesterday, I tried to run it, and, unusually, UAC asked me if I wanted to allow PMS. So, I allowed it. Then I got the message "PMS uses Java Runtime Environment 7.0, it will now be downloaded and installed". OK, so I'll let it do that. It goes quiet for a few moments, then throws "Download Failed: Timed out on connecting" at me.

I downloaded JRE 7.0 manually, from the Oracle site, both on and offline versions (just to be thorough), and updated PMS. Still the same thing, every time.

Any ideas?

I'm on Windows Vista Home Basic, if that's important.

Thanks.

Matt.

Bump. Can anyone help?

Thank-you
zombiehammer

Postby meskibob » Mon May 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p41214
First try the section regarding updating the environment variables.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby fat_cole » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:01 am

I'm on Windows Vista Home Basic

I believe I have identified the problem.
fat_cole

Return to General Help and Support