Simple java client

Discuss issues related to PS3 Media Server development (only for programmers)

Simple java client

Postby vuldin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:03 pm

I was looking through the project code for a simple Java client to test the functionality of a PS3 media server installation. Does such a Java client exist?
vuldin

Re: Simple java client

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 am

vuldin wrote:I was looking through the project code for a simple Java client to test the functionality of a PS3 media server installation. Does such a Java client exist?

Sure, try XBMC.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby vuldin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:10 am

I'm aware of XBMC, and as a project it is far from simple, but I'm still working through the rather large codebase at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc in the hopes of finding what I'm looking for. I'm hoping more for a simple DlnaClient.java or UpnpClient.java. I'm hoping for something more along the lines of what I see here:

http://4thline.org/projects/cling/core/ ... inaryLight

I don't care about testing playback at this stage (a function which is likely to blame for XBMC's complexity). I'm more interested in discovery and possibly listing of media content that is available for playback on the server.
vuldin

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:18 am

Ah, sorry. I didn't realize this post was posted in the Developer forum and you were looking for code.

For testing and code examples I usually browse the Cling code.
For simulating the calls I usually use the Cling Workbench.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby vuldin » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 am

Awesome thanks for the link to the workbench, I've only skimmed it so far. Cling looks to be well documented and will likely have what I'm looking for.
vuldin

Return to Developers