Web content will not stream

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Web content will not stream

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:06 pm

eldad87 wrote:how can I stream youtube videos ... to my PS3 using PMS?

How can I stream YouTube feeds/videos?
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby eldad87 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks,
But I'm more interesting in my playlists - how can I use them?

thanks!
eldad87

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Code: Select all
videofeed.Web,YouTube,Example=http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/users/<username>/playlists/<playlist_id>

You can get the playlist ID by navigating to Account -> Video Manager -> Playlists on YouTube. Right click on a playlist and copy the URL. The playlist ID is the value of the list parameter in the URL e.g.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCDEF&list=PL12345678

Alternatively, you can get a list (i.e. RSS feed) of playlists for a particular user via:

Code: Select all
https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/<username>/playlists

Each link in the RSS feed will contain a playlist ID e.g.:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL12345678

For more details:

chocolateboy wrote:see YouTube's feed creation tool.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby allerretour38 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 am

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if these streams:

mms://stream1.france24.yacast.net/f24_livefr (France 24)
mms://vipmms9.yacast.net/bfm_bfmtv (BFM TV)

Are working with:

PS3 Media Server 1.60.0+git+mencoder35003-1 (I can't use 1.7 because I'm on Ubuntu Precise and - if I understand correctly - it's not available)
Java: 1.6.0_26
PMSEncoder 1.6.1

I had all this working great on Ubuntu Lucid, but had to upgrade. Now these streams don't work. I thought I read somewhere in the 90 preceding pages that these streams were having problems, but I can't remember where. Just hoping that someone can confirm/refute that these streams work, before I try a million things to get them working.

Also, can anyone tell me if they work on 1.7? If so, then maybe I'll wait until that is available for Ubuntu. Thanks much.

EDIT: more info. I have a Windows computer too (which I try to avoid), so I tried the windows version with 1.7, but I still couldn't get those streams to work.

Back on the Ubuntu machine, I saw one of chocolateboy's posts about switching the mencoder, and I saw that there are indeed to versions, in:

/usr/lib/ps3mediaserver/linux/mencoder
/usr/bin/mencoder

Tried them both and neither works. By the way, I get an error "Error consuming stream in spawned process: Bad file descriptor", but I think that the problem is not with the pipe, but that the mencoder command isn't working with these streams (but I'm just guessing).

I can stream those TED web videos, by the way, which also makes me think that it's a problem with teh mencoder command in pmsencoder particular to these streams, but - once again - I'm just guessing.
allerretour38

Postby allerretour38 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 am

Saw that 1.7 was out for Ubuntu, so installed that and pmsencoder 1.6.2. Still can't stream those mms streams. Same issue around the mencoder.
allerretour38

Postby mrkrabs » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:44 am

hi, i've read in some older posts that PMSEncoder downgrades HD quality streams to lower resolution by using -ntsc-dvd command. Is that still true? and if it is can it be fixed?

thanks
mrkrabs

Postby JORDITO » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:16 am

Hello CHOCOLATEBOY,
from 3 days have maybe changes in Youtube and is impossible to see anywhere from Youtube.
Thanks
JORDITO

Postby acushing » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi, I have been trying to work streaming online content, and not sure what has gone wrong. I have the Web.conf folder in the right place, and installed the pms encoder plugin. I entered the example streams into the web.conf folder, and they show up on the playstation ok in the web folder. However, each one does not work, comes up with the error 'this content cannot be played (800288E1). Any help would be greatly appreciated, and apologies if I have missed the answer to this elsewhere.
I searched the error code in forums and found it came up for someone who was unable to stream videos from the computer, but I can do that fine.

Please help!
acushing

Postby chocolateboy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:39 pm

JORDITO wrote:from 3 days have maybe changes in Youtube and is impossible to see anywhere from Youtube.

Thanks. Should be fixed in 1.6.3.
chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby Naveen_Reloaded » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 pm

I want to watch twitch live stream. I already downloaded PMSencoder , but dont know how to proceed from here on. Please someone help.
Naveen_Reloaded

PreviousNext

Return to General Help and Support