This is a brand new computer I just built. So everything was basically from scratch from hardware to OS. So I dont really know whats wrong. Used to have PMS on my old laptop and it worked fine untl my laptop overheated and decided to shutdown. So after months of saving up finally built this system, but now cant play my mkvs on my Xbox
Heres a description of what happens:
It start by stuttering maybe once or twice at the beginning of the video file and continues streaming only for the file to stop playing at any given time. Either at the close to the beginning or in the middle of the video file playing. Tried this http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=38484#p38969
thinking it might be the problem but still happens. Which is when I surrendered and decided to ask for help here. Please help! :'( I cant live without my anime
and my family uses my HTPC most because I have it setup with a cablecard for them. I beg of thee
1. Your computer specs (CPU, memory, OS) and the exact version of PMS you are using (e.g. "1.53.0" or "Build 99932ae01", not "latest version").
AMD A-10 5800k
Kingston HyperX 8gb
I have System Monitor app on my tablet, and during operation I never see the CPU or RAM go anywhere above 60% unless its a huge file, like a 2gb movie I was watching yesterday. But that one worked flawlessly.
2. The device you are streaming to (PS3, XBox360, etc). If you are using a custom renderer profile, provide the .conf as well.
Xbox 360 and no CRP
3. If you're reporting a connection or streaming problem, please indicate your local network setup (WAN/ISP bandwidth does not matter) including connection type (Wifi, homeplugs, 100mbit ethernet, gigabit) and what you are connected through (direct connection, switch, router). E.g. PC <-Wifi G-> Linksys WRT54G Router <-100mbps-> PS3
Doubt this could be it but WIFI with an ASUS RT-N16 router. The HTPC is hooked through gigabit ethernet. While the Xbox is on WIFI
4. Which engine you are using if you are transcoding (MEncoder, AviSynth/MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR).
Whatever the default is. Never really played around with it cuz it always just worked.
5. Detailed information on what is not working.A copy of the debug.log per the following directions - FAQ: How can I supply details to help diagnose my problem?
File attached. Used the plug-in to make the file.
6. File-specific information - if you're having an issue with a specific file or set of files:
Its happening with some MKV files, meaning during transcoding. I mostly use PMS to watch my anime. An example file could be any release from Commiesubs. Seems to be the ones it happens the most with.
**Edited the attachment. Made a debug file with the "Trace" command enabled