ps3 media server not detecting ps3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

ps3 media server not detecting ps3

Postby electrohead » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:38 pm

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. So I just upgraded my network ASUS - RT-N66U and put a ASUS PCE-AC66 Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Adapter in my desktop. My old setup was all wired no wireless. My new set up the PS3 is connected directly to my router and my desktop is now wireless instead of being directly connected like before. My streaming with the normal windows media server to my PS3 works flawlessly but for whatever reason the ps3 media server not detecting ps3 and I can figure out why. Any suggestions?
electrohead

Re: ps3 media server not detecting ps3

Postby meskibob » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:49 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby SweKiwi » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:59 am

elctrohead, did you get it to work?
I am using everything wirelessly, but since I got a new computer with Windows 8, I get that big ugly red cross = PS3 Media server NOT detecting my PS3.
Another thing - I can't even get the PS3 access to the Windows Media Player. It does appear on my PS3 but it says that the access is forbidden.

Any suggestions, except to wade through the FAQ which didn't help me?
Any tips are happily taken!
SweKiwi

Postby meskibob » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:58 pm

The FAQ contains all known connection issues.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support