HELP! TViX PVR M-6620N and iTunes audio transcoding

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

HELP! TViX PVR M-6620N and iTunes audio transcoding

Postby carveitup » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:03 am

This is my first post so I hope I'm in the right forum. I couldn't find any other info on using my renderer...

Anyway, I've been using PMS for a while to stream music from my laptop to my PS3. No problems - works great with my entire music library.

I recently picked up this PVR for using with my OTA digital antenna. It allows you to play back music using uPnP and has built in N wifi (here's the web link http://www.tvix.co.kr/ENG/products/PVRM6620N.aspx). So I set up a new conf file so I could try to connect it to PMS.

Well, it works intermittently. It will generally stream any song I have on iTunes (mostly natively in m4a and mp3 format) EXCEPT those that I have purchased from the itunes store. These songs sometimes will play but I often get an error saying unsupported format. On the same songs that played last time. Once one song plays, the next ones (for example the other songs in my iTunes Purchases playlist) will all play fine. But sometimes it seems like the device is timing out before receiving the beginning of the first transcoded song.

My lappy is a quad core i7-2630QM processor @2.0Ghz (PMS set to use 4 cores even though hyperthreading is enabled)
12GB RAM
Windows 7 home edition 64-bit
N-wifi connection (good strong signal) and in same room as TVix
Using Mplayer as first player and FFMpeg as second
Scanned all shared folders after clearing cache
Tried both HTTP V2 on and off.
Etc...

Here is my conf file (haven't done much with video so much of that stuff could be wrong):
Code: Select all
# ps3mediaserver renderer profile for tvix PVR
# Refer to PS3.conf for help

RendererName=TVix PVR
RendererIcon=TVIX.png
UserAgentSearch=POSIX|Intel MicroStack|RealtekMediaCenter
#RealtekVOD/1.0.0 (Linux), contentFeatures.dlna.org: 1, Keep-Alive: 300, TE: trailers
MediaInfo = true
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGPSAC3
TranscodeAudio=MP3
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=true
MuxDTSToMpeg=true
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=true
H264Level41Limited=true
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
TranscodeFastStart=true
TranscodeExtensions=m4a
StreamExtensions=vob,iso,mkv,wmv,avi,xvid,divx,rvb,real,mp4,mp3,flac,fla,dts,ogg,asf,asx,m2v

Any suggestions?
carveitup

Return to Alternative Media Renderers