MKV video jumping using MEncoder

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MKV video jumping using MEncoder

Postby atlemann » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:29 pm

I am trying to play MKV files using MEncoder. I am having problems with the video suddenly jumping to a random location later in the file. For the files that tsMuxeR can play, this does not happen.

My debug.log file is spammed with these exceptions.

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:707) ~[pms.jar:na]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:301) ~[pms.jar:na]
at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:256) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:527) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:351) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:282) ~[pms.jar:na]
at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:202) ~[pms.jar:na]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_17]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_17]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_17]

It also complains about: [Thread-15] Cannot grow buffer size from 50,000,000 bytes to 524,288,000 bytes.

- Atle
atlemann

Re: MKV video jumping using MEncoder

Postby meskibob » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 pm

FAQ for the video jumping - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38969
FAQ for the null pointer - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38484
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Raptor399 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 pm

That NullPointerException will be fixed in the next version.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby meskibob » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:14 pm

That was committed 5 months ago? We really should get an updated release out...
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Linux/Unix Support