Sony BDP-S590

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Re: Sony BDP-S590

Postby Ranger187 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Ahh...

Well thanks dude.... With your help I was able to get a solid conf file that plays nearly 90%+ from UMS. My friends still on PMS and I sent him the file and he also said the updated conf resolved all his issues.

I then went to my other BDP-S590 on the other floor and replicated that it played everything. EVERYTHING else I can go to /Transcode folder and force it to play.... I'm 100% fine with the results I now have with this.
Ranger187

Postby SeaFox » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:47 pm

Ranger187 wrote:Well thanks dude.... With your help I was able to get a solid conf file that plays nearly 90%+ from UMS. My friends still on PMS and I sent him the file and he also said the updated conf resolved all his issues.

I then went to my other BDP-S590 on the other floor and replicated that it played everything. EVERYTHING else I can go to /Transcode folder and force it to play.... I'm 100% fine with the results I now have with this.

Keep in mind you shouldn't have to use the --#Transcode#-- folder unless you want to do a special transcoding (like choosing a certain audio language or subtitle track on a multi-track file).

Normally anything you can't stream directly should be listed as "M2TS" for the file type on the BD player interface, and the file name will have the transcoding engine name after it in brackets ([Mencoder]) Choosing it from the main list should have it play transcoded automatically. That's what I meant by "everything should play" in one way or another.

One place I see this happen myself is when I have the "Use LPCM for audio (no recode)" option turned on and I'm trying to play something with FLAC audio. Turning it off allows those files to play fine normally (albeit in AC3 encoded audio). Not sure what the problem is there but I think there's a bug ticket open on it.
Intel Core i7 920 - 6 GB RAM - Windows 8 Pro x64 | PS3MS v 1.82 | Sony BDP-S580, Sony BDP-S390
SeaFox

Postby Ranger187 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah, I'm not concerned with the 3-10 files that didn't play as they were HD (720p/1080p) and not the divx (that now plays I think as mpeg) so in any event it's resolved as almost everything plays when I click it. ;)

Sony is dropping the x90 series for some crappy cheaper series that's even more underpowered... So I think I'm going to grab a few 790's (dual core) for the rest of the house now that my main issues are resolved.
Ranger187

Postby sonnysavage » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 am

Would you mind posting the contents of the final configuration file?
sonnysavage

Postby Ranger187 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 am

Sure....

UMS already has it being added to builds after 2.60....

I'll just quote the results from UMS forum..

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ranger187 wrote:I've since updated this original post to have all the relevant information which I will continuously update if I find better settings.

=====================================================================================================
UPDATE HERE IS THE FINAL CHANGES MADE TO MAKE THE SONY BDP-S590 STREAM NEARLY EVERYTHING TOSSED TO IT
=====================================================================================================

Code: Select all
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Profile for Sony Blu-ray Players (2010 Bravia Internet Video-enabled models).
# See PS3.conf for a description of all possible configuration options.
#

RendererName=Sony Blu-ray
RendererIcon=sonybluray.png

# ============================================================================
# Sony Bluray uses the following headers:
#
# User-Agent: UPnP/1.0
# X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="Blu-ray Disc Player"; mv="2.0";
# X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="Blu-ray Disc Player";
# ---
# User-Agent: UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
# X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="Blu-ray Disc Player"; mv="2.0";
# X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="Blu-ray Disc Player";
# ============================================================================
# The User-Agent strings are too generic to match
#UserAgentSearch=
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="Blu-ray Disc Player")
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3
TranscodeAudio=LPCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=false
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=false
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=0
MaxVideoHeight=0
H264Level41Limited=true
#MimeTypesChanges=
DLNALocalizationRequired=true
#TranscodeExtensions=
#StreamExtensions=
MediaParserV2_ThumbnailGeneration=false

# For Sony Bluray players and Bravia TVs
ForceJPGThumbnails=true
# For Sony Bluray players
ChunkedTransfer=true

# Specs below taken from http://www.sony.co.uk/product/blu-ray-disc-player/bdp-s370#pageType=TechnicalSpecs
# then fine-tuned by lengthy trial and error since so much of that advertised spec is inaccurate.
# US models don't support video/divx mime type but European and Canadian models do.
# Subtitles in mkv files are only displayed if mime type is video/divx.
# Vob subtitles are not supported.
# See also http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2004 for more DLNA-related info on these players.

MediaInfo=true
# Supported video formats:
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts   v:mpeg1|mpeg2     a:ac3|dts|lpcm|mpa|mp3                    m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mpegts          v:h264|vc1        a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3   m:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts
Supported = f:mp4|m4v         v:mp4|h264        a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3   m:video/mp4
Supported = f:wmv             v:wmv|vc1         a:wma                                     m:video/mp4
######### NON-US MODELS: CHANGE THE FOLLOWING 2 MIME-TYPES TO m:video/divx
Supported = f:avi        v:mp4        a:ac3|lpcm|mpa|mp3                        m:video/mp4
Supported = f:mkv             v:mp4|h264   a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3   m:video/x-matroska

# Supported audio formats:
Supported = f:wma    n:2   m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:mp3    n:2   m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:lpcm   n:2   m:audio/L16   s:48000

# Supported image formats:
Supported = f:jpg   m:image/jpeg

=========================================================
THESE ARE THE ONLY LINES CHANGED IN \Renders\SonyBluray.conf:
=========================================================

Change this line:
Supported = f:avi|divx        v:divx|mp4        a:ac3|lpcm|mpa|mp3                        m:video/mpeg

To this:
Supported = f:avi        v:mp4        a:ac3|lpcm|mpa|mp3                        m:video/mp4

Change this line:
Supported = f:mp4|m4v         v:mp4|h264        a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3   m:video/mpeg

To this:
Supported = f:mp4|m4v         v:mp4|h264        a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3   m:video/mp4

Change this line:
Supported = f:mkv             v:mp4|divx|h264   a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3   m:video/x-matroska

To this:
Supported = f:mkv             v:mp4|h264   a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3   m:video/x-matroska

Below is the final file with changes.
Ranger187

Previous

Return to Alternative Media Renderers