Unsynced audio and no subs

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Unsynced audio and no subs

Postby Lau » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi
I've watched movies a few times before without problems. But recently I had the issue when trying to watch The Man With the Golden Gun, that when clicking the 'subtitles' button, all I get it that it's unavailable. I have the subtitles on the folder and works otherwise with vlc. Also when trying to watch The Usual Suspects, there's a really bad audio delay. And Lastly when I try to watch Vampire Hunter D, I can't choose language (and unfortuneately, the first choice, at least on vlc, is english). The same problem with subtitles applies here.

I haev no clue what data I need to present for help, everything on the PMS app looks like jibberish :3

Grateful for help, really enjoying this software:)

Oh, and hi forum!
Lau

Re: Unsynced audio and no subs

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 pm

Try the latest snapshot build, it has VLC support.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Lau » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Raptor399 wrote:Try the latest snapshot build, it has VLC support.

It doesn't say much, how does it work?
Lau

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:45 pm

It works brilliant! :mrgreen:

Kidding aside, did you read the post I linked?
It describes the update procedure for you.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Lau » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Raptor399 wrote:It works brilliant! :mrgreen:

Kidding aside, did you read the post I linked?
It describes the update procedure for you.

I read it, but I wonder how it works, not how to "insatll" it.
Lau

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:31 am

In 1.80.0 a new video file engine "VLC" is added. This allows PMS to use VLC to transcode video files.

If the engine is disabled, first enable it by selecting it and clicking the plug icon. Then move it on top of the other engines and save your configuration.

From then on, VLC will be used as your favorite video file transcoding engine.
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Lau » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 pm

Raptor399 wrote:In 1.80.0 a new video file engine "VLC" is added. This allows PMS to use VLC to transcode video files.

If the engine is disabled, first enable it by selecting it and clicking the plug icon. Then move it on top of the other engines and save your configuration.

From then on, VLC will be used as your favorite video file transcoding engine.

I tried it, but now PMS crashes every time I enter a folder containing files (movies) :cry:
Lau

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:45 pm

Raptor399
Project Member

Postby Lau » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Raptor399 wrote:Anything useful in the logs?

FAQ: How can I supply details to help diagnose my problem?

Not that I can find. I get "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working", and only when i try to access a folder containing a movie.. Tried switching engine, but didn't work either. I use the 1.80 SNAPSHOT version. I didn't have this issue with the 1.72, but then I had no subs (yes, subs are important):(

My ps3 shows this message: "Meda Server Error: A DLNA protocol error (2104) has ocurred." A thought ocurred to me a while ago that maybe it's an update that fucked it up? If nothing works, maybe i should get 1.72, then google for a program that hard code subs into movies..
Lau

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 am

Lau wrote:Not that I can find. I get "Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working", and only when i try to access a folder containing a movie.. Tried switching engine, but didn't work either. I use the 1.80 SNAPSHOT version.

The PMS code itself is pure Java, so it cannot crash the Java engine. However, PMS uses the external MediaInfo library as a Java wrapped C++ library, which potentially opens up a can of Java engine crashing worms. Also, the MediaInfo library is typically involved when browsing folders with movies.

So this sounds like a problem with the MediaInfo library. PMS 1.80 comes with a more recent version of that library than 1.72. You could try downloading a different version and overwrite the version shipped with PMS 1.80, see if the problems go away.
Raptor399
Project Member

Next

Return to General Help and Support