Dummy here, having some subtitle issues...

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Dummy here, having some subtitle issues...

Postby chrisjfinlay » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey folks,

I'm sure this is a common one - so I apologise if I'm pissing in an ocean of piss here, but I haven't been able to find a solution.

I've got a load of MKV files with subtitles as part of them (not external sub files). However, My PS3 won't pick them up. My Samsung TV seems to like picking them up through AnyShare though, so if I can't get the PS3 to do it at least I have an option!

Anyway, here's the contents of my c:\programdata\pms\pms.conf (this is the one that seems to get modified any time I make a change)

Code: Select all
thumbnails = true
image_thumbnails = true
folders = C:\\Users\\ftr\\Downloads,M:\\
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PS3 Media Server\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = true
mencoder_fontconfig = true
mencoder_ass_defaultstyle = true
uuid = 0a4ba2a2-cf73-32dc-9c9f-992f2649fc43
mencoder_audiolangs = jpn,eng,fre,ger,und
mencoder_audiosublangs = en,off

And here's the contents of my c:\program files(x86)\ps3 media server\pms.conf (this one doesn't seem to get edited at all...)

Code: Select all
thumbnails = true
folders = C:\\Users\\ftr\\Pictures\\Wallpapers,M:\\,C:\\Users\\ftr\\Downloads
alternativeffmpegpath = C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PS3 Media Server\\win32\\dvrms\\ffmpeg_MPGMUX.exe
mencoder_ass = true
mencoder_audiolangs = jpn,eng,fre,ger,und

Can anyone give me a clue? I should note that on the files I've been testing with, 3 subtitle languages have come up on my Samsung TV: "None", "English 1" and "English 2". Only English 2 seems to display anything.

My PS3 responds with "no subtitle options are available" or words to that effect.
chrisjfinlay

Return to General Help and Support