Why versions newer than 1.5 don't work for me?

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

Why versions newer than 1.5 don't work for me?

Postby Neikius » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 pm

I am trying to stream from my PC to the android phone. As you all know Android doesn't support mounting smb volumes in non-rooted state. So streaming it is.

But hey, I can only make this work using PMS-1.5.1, anything newer than that doesn't work at all. Using bubbleUPNP to do the lifting on the phone side. When I try to use a newer version of PMS it just won't discover the server.

Why do I want a newer version? well some stuff just doesn't work well with the old version. But for a while now I am stuck with what I have. Any clues here? Logs are cryptically useless also I remember posting regarding this once a while back and got nothing helpful. Maybe some pointers how to debug this problem?
Neikius

Re: Why versions newer than 1.5 don't work for me?

Postby Raptor399 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:52 am

Discovery ought to work fine in the newest version, my iPhone and iPad are discovered just fine.

Maybe the FAQ will help you make PMS discover the phone:

FAQ: I cannot see PMS from my DLNA client!.
Raptor399
Project Member

Re: Why versions newer than 1.5 don't work for me?

Postby mazey » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:05 am

Neikius wrote:I am trying to stream from my PC to the android phone. As you all know Android doesn't support mounting smb volumes in non-rooted state. So streaming it is.

But hey, I can only make this work using PMS-1.5.1, anything newer than that doesn't work at all. Using bubbleUPNP to do the lifting on the phone side. When I try to use a newer version of PMS it just won't discover the server.

Why do I want a newer version? well some stuff just doesn't work well with the old version. But for a while now I am stuck with what I have. Any clues here? Logs are cryptically useless also I remember posting regarding this once a while back and got nothing helpful. Maybe some pointers how to debug this problem?

actually i use es file explorer its free on android market and u can browse samba shares on a non rooted phone. and yes i can play video music with it with mobo player.
mazey

Return to Alternative Media Renderers