Lagging issues - PLEASE HELP!!!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Lagging issues - PLEASE HELP!!!

Postby mrtaxman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi,

Needing some help regarding big lagging issues every time I try to watch something. The audio will be out of sync and then the whole movie gets super choppy. Any insight at all would be really helpful.

Thanks,
mrtaxman

Re: Lagging issues - PLEASE HELP!!!

Postby meskibob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:14 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mrtaxman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Can I ask, Because the movie file already downloaded on my mac, and i'm just wirelessly streaming it to the media server - would having faster internet help? or make no difference at all. I've been told both answers.
mrtaxman

Postby meskibob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Faster WAN connection? No.
Faster LAN connection? Absolutely, as indicated in the FAQ regarding wired vs wireless connections.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mrtaxman » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:05 pm

hmm..ok.

Unfortunately I don't have a choice but to go wireless. The frustrating part is how sometimes it works like a charm, and then sometimes it cuts out.
mrtaxman

Postby meskibob » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Wireless connections can suffer from random temporary (and also permanent) interference. There are some suggestions in that FAQ post for potential settings to help make wireless connections more stable (wireless channel, transmission rate, etc), but they're not a fix all.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support