IP filter for shared folders

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here

IP filter for shared folders

Postby Tarazet » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:10 am

there is an ip filter to allow/denie streaming from sources.

I would like to have the feature to set an ip filter for every "folder" i am sharing.
Why? I use PS3MS in a network with my family and want to give them access to some of the folders but not to all of them.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement this feature - i hope it's not that hard and the only reason that it isn't already implemented is that nobody thought about this ;)

TY for considering it! ;)
Tarazet

Re: IP filter for shared folders

Postby Tarazet » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:27 am

bump
Tarazet

Postby meskibob » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:10 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby myteam » Tue May 14, 2013 2:03 pm

I would love to see this incorporated in the primary code. I think there is a large number of us that use PMS to serve media to our families. My children have access to the server via their tablets (Android running [url="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dbapp.android.mediahouse"]MediaHouse[/url]) and so far they haven't used it to stream the R rated movies (they know I can tell what media has been served to their devices) but being able to prevent particular folders from being shared per IIP would provide some peace of mind.

I don't know how to code, and I really appreciate the work that all of you coders contribute.
myteam

Postby meskibob » Tue May 14, 2013 2:29 pm

It's currently feasible through custom profiles if you're that concerned. See the link above and the subsequent FAQ link.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to Feature Suggestions