Encoding subtitle with FFMPEG

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Encoding subtitle with FFMPEG

Postby mbatiri » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi friends :)
I use PMS for my dlna network and shows pc films in my sony bravia TV. I use default setting for this work.
this week I wanted to play a MKV film with external subtitle but Mencoder couldn't transcode this film and there was no other encoder like as ffmpeg or avisync in transcoding folder which can transcode my film with its subtitle. :cry:
Would you please let me know how I can do this with other engines? :?:
mbatiri

Re: Encoding subtitle with FFMPEG

Postby ExSport » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Right now MEncoder is supported only when talking about subs.
So don't ask what other engine to use but what is wrong on your side that it doesn't work for you.
Post debug.log in Trace mode. More in FAQ.
ExSport

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm

ExSport is right: there is probably something wrong that does not make the subtitle appear.

However, for completeness sake: I just committed a change to support external subtitle files with FFmpeg. :-)
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby mbatiri » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks a lot Raptor399 who try to make this excellent software to become more complete.
I checked Mencoder with my other films that I had seen them previousely and all of them had problem. So I uninstalled ps3 and reinstalled it again and problem solved. But it is very good idea that this program has commands for supporting external subs with other engines like as FFMPEG.
Thanks again for your committing.
mbatiri

Return to General Help and Support