PS3 Media server seems to disconnect after idling for long

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Media server seems to disconnect after idling for long

Postby banana » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:12 am

Computer Specs:
Win7 Professional 64-bit
8 GB Ram
AMD A8-3850 APU (2.90GHz)
Movies are located on an internal hard-drive. Hard disks are set to "turn off after 60 minutes" (although they should probably be in use if a movie is streaming and if a connection with PMS is maintained, right?)

PMS verison: 1.72.0 (d9fd0a44c)

Device/renderer: iPad Mini
.conf: http://pastebin.ca/2311038
Connected via WiFi.
Generally no transcoding - usually play .avi files which are set to norender (although mEncoder is the only renderer that is enabled).

Detailed information:
When I watch movies (or a few episodes, say three 40 minute episodes), by the end it seems as my renderer is no longer connected to PS3 media server as I become unable to browse files or use the 'Shutdown computer...' plugin.

Debug.log: Pending reproduction. (I have to watch another really long movie first... which I'll try and do now)
banana

Re: PS3 Media server seems to disconnect after idling for lo

Postby banana » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 am

Debug.log finally ready, let me know if I need to enable full logging.

http://pastebin.com/8mbW1aVp
banana

Postby meskibob » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:16 am

It looks like the error in the debug.log should be fixed in the latest snapshot. If you're willing to test, you can confirm by trying the snapshot - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14753
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby banana » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi, I tried updating to 1.80.0, but the same thing happened*. I'll try and reproduce it again over the weekend.

* Strangely enough, when PS3 media server disappeared, PLEX media server appeared -- but I uninstalled PLEX a long time ago.
banana

Return to General Help and Support