Help installing on Debian Wheezy/8

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Help installing on Debian Wheezy/8

Postby Duskye » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 pm

I've been looking for how to do this all night and I've pretty much given up, and this is my last resort before I just use a different media server.

All I ask is: How do I install this on Wheezy? I have java installed and the necessary codecs, but whenever I try getting the the .deb from the sticky, it never downloads. I even tried using a automated install and that didn't work either.
Duskye

Re: Help installing on Debian Wheezy/8

Postby marra » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:39 pm

I got a bit further than yourself I used the updated version from the repository 1.59 i think it is but even after getting that and installing it I still couldn't get it to run and being newish to Linux I had problems removing the broken package but i'm sure I read somewhere there is no hope at the minute for Debian users. I'm using mediatomb at the minute but I cant get it to play .mkv files so I have to use mkvtomp4 to convert them it doesn't take long but its not ideal apart from that its playing everything else including flac.
marra

Re: Help installing on Debian Wheezy/8

Postby marra » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Follow the last post on that I just got it working but it seems unstable.
Im running it on a headless server but I cant get it to run as a deamon yet which means I need to start it and stop it if and when I need it
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16013&p=77135&hilit=debian#p77135
marra

Return to Linux/Unix Support