PMS doesnt select the right network interface with VM

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS doesnt select the right network interface with VM

Postby naoru » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:33 am

Hi i have a win 7 64 bit with java 6 installed, when installing the pms i get a big red X

i checked the log and it says INFO 2013-02-05 23:26:34.357 [background-task-0-restart(1)] Using address /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxfound on network interface: name:eth4 (VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1)

so i tried to change the network interface but whatever option i choose from the select (i dont know why it shows so many) its always eth4

i tried to change manually the PMS.conf but to no avail
naoru

Re: PMS doesnt select the right network interface with VM

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Follow the directions for providing more information as directed here on this similar report issue - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16168
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby naoru » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:58 am

so as i understand no solution to anybody with a virtual machine installed...
naoru

Postby meskibob » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:35 pm

I have live VMware adapters and I am not seeing this issue. Again, in order to start analyzing the issue and potentially fixing it, we need to have more information since I can't replicate it here.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support