PS3 does not see any files on Media Server

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 does not see any files on Media Server

Postby art_tv » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:20 pm

I've installed ps3media server on Windows XP host, PS3 has found the server and I can navigate between folders, but there are no files inside. Folders are empty.
I've also installed ps3mediaserver on my Ubuntu Server, but it's the same result, all folders are empty.
Plese, give an advice what can be a cause if this issue?

Thanks!
art_tv

Re: PS3 does not see any files on Media Server

Postby meskibob » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:41 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby art_tv » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:00 pm

I do follow this recommenadtion:

"Error: When trying to view a folder that contains valid media, you receive the error message "No images", "No tracks", or "No titles" or you only see sub-folders (and can't enter them).

Solution 1: You're in the wrong section of the XMB (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XrossMediaBar). You have to be in Photos to view pictures, Music to listen to music, and Videos to watch videos.
Solution 2: You have hit the folder-depth limit (8 folders) and cannot browse any further in the folder tree. You have to share a different folder that is within the folder limit to the media you're trying to access (includes virtual folders like the #Transcode# folder). Note: this is a PS3 limitation."

I have suspicious related to UPnP protocol working in my home network, as I undestand right exactly UPnP is used giving a possibility to share a media file.
In network settings on PS3 I can test UPnP. Result of testing - failed. My Router and WiFi access point are UPnP supported.

Can it be the cause of problem? Your opinion?

UPDATE: Problem were because that limitation. You were right. Thank a lot!!
Last edited by art_tv on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
art_tv

Postby art_tv » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Sorry, you were right. It works!
art_tv

Return to General Help and Support