Subtitles on Sony Bravia KDL-32EX650

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Subtitles on Sony Bravia KDL-32EX650

Postby samgurung » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi,

I have PSM running on a Linux (Ubuntu 12.04) machine and it works great. However my Sony Bravia KDL-32EX650 is listed as unknown renderer. And I for the life of me cannot get subtitles to display on the screen. Plus when browsing the library in my computer from the TV I do not see a mencoder folder listed. Only tsMuxer and [No Encoding][External Subtitles] are there. Mplayer and mencoder and ffmpeg are installed in the computer. I have also placed .srt files with the same name as the video in the same folder. Any clues as to how to get subtitles to work would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for your time

Sameer
samgurung

Re: Subtitles on Sony Bravia KDL-32EX650

Postby samgurung » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:27 pm

No sooner had I posted my query than I found a solution.

Posting it here for anyone that has the same problem

I downloaded the Bravia conf file from this post viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15976&p=76091&hilit=32ex650#p76091

The renderer conf file does not work as is as. I changed line #12 to this:

UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch=(BRAVIA KDL.+EX[346507])|(BRAVIA KDL.+[CHN]X[578])

Saved and restarted PSM and voila...the TV is recognised and mencoder folder appears. Choose the one with subtittles and there you go

Cheers!
samgurung

Return to General Help and Support