Need help setting max height/width with Avisynth/FFMPEG

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Need help setting max height/width with Avisynth/FFMPEG

Postby kiyolaka » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:08 am

MY system specs are as follows
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ stock speed
8GB DDR2 PC-6400
Nvidia 260GTX
Windows 7 Ultimate

I have PS3 media server 1.53.0 installed as any higher breaks Avisynth no matter what version I've tried.

I'm looking to limit the Resolution to 720P for my phone alone, so I'm looking to do a script or setting in the Android.conf file.

I've tried changing the max video width/height in the file but it only effects mencoder.
What would be the best way to go about this? I want my other systems to still do 1080P and just limit the Android phone to 720 (1080 buffers constantly on Wireless)
kiyolaka

Re: Need help setting max height/width with Avisynth/FFMPEG

Postby meskibob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm guessing you'll need to run different instances of PMS (using custom profiles - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p49895) so you can specify different AviSynth scripts for each instance.
IIRC the renderer conf files do not currently support different AviSynth scripts.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby kiyolaka » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:02 am

still was unable to limit Resolution or bandwidth with AviSynth/FFMPEG nor did quality tweaks seem to stick at all.
I just have to use Mencoder only for my phone/Xbox classic as I can get settings to stick.
kiyolaka

Postby Charmy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:19 pm

I can't get avisynth to work with any version anymore...x.x
Charmy

Return to General Help and Support