Sorry but could you please a newb?!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Sorry but could you please a newb?!

Postby chris9181 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi,

Couple of quick questions if I may?

1. When I go in to the PS3 Media Server on the PS3 homescreen, is there a way of just having the folders I want to access on the laptop, i.e. My Music, My Video? I currently get Documents and Settings, Program Files, Windows and WMSDK, so I have to through alot of folder via documents and settings before I get to My Music/Videos.

2.When I do get to My Videos, I see the video thumbnails but the first option is a file called Transcode? If I go in to that I also see some of my films but should I be going into that folder?

3. Lastly, one of my movies when trying it on PS3, the lip sync is way out, but it is ok if I watch it via Media Player Classic on my laptop (AVI file). Any ideas please?

I really appreciate any help
chris9181

Re: Sorry but could you please a newb?!

Postby dmitche3 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:16 am

I'll try to help on #1 and #2.
chris9181 wrote:Hi,

Couple of quick questions if I may?

1. When I go in to the PS3 Media Server on the PS3 homescreen, is there a way of just having the folders I want to access on the laptop, i.e. My Music, My Video? I currently get Documents and Settings, Program Files, Windows and WMSDK, so I have to through alot of folder via documents and settings before I get to My Music/Videos.
It sounds as if you added the wrong folder to the media, such as 'user/(username)' where as you want to delete that media entry from PMS and when adding the media back, drill down the folder tree until you get to the "my music/video" folder
2.When I do get to My Videos, I see the video thumbnails but the first option is a file called Transcode? If I go in to that I also see some of my films but should I be going into that folder?
On the transcode tab you can hide the PMS generated folders from being displayed. Take a look at the checkboxes on the lower part of the window
3. Lastly, one of my movies when trying it on PS3, the lip sync is way out, but it is ok if I watch it via Media Player Classic on my laptop (AVI file). Any ideas please?
I can't help here as I haven't got transcoding to work at all. :(

I really appreciate any help
dmitche3

Postby chris9181 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:40 am

Thank you will try that. What do u mean about getting transcoding to work please? Soz it's like a foreign language to me!!
chris9181

Postby dmitche3 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:51 am

Let me try this. Transcoding... Changing the video format from let's say DIVX to MPEG2. If your renderer(AKA TV) doesn't support DIVX the program can transcode it to MPEG2 which your TV may support. Your TV(Rendered) configuration defines the video/audio outputs that are supported. Those formats that are not supported are transcoded into something that your output device understands.

I'm guessing that I can't transcoding to work at all is that I'm running Java 1.7. Also, trying to download, compile, and run the source code is a major pain as it is written beyond bad.
dmitche3

Return to General Help and Support