Error Init PMS - Heap error Java fun...

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Error Init PMS - Heap error Java fun...

Postby meskibob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm

It's getting difficult to figure out what exactly you've done and which file corresponds to which test (there are clear mismatches in the debug vs the PMS.bat), so let's start fresh.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby rmleloup » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:48 pm

meskibob wrote:It's getting difficult to figure out what exactly you've done and which file corresponds to which test (there are clear mismatches in the debug vs the PMS.bat), so let's start fresh.

pastebin of debug.log ,
http://pastebin.com/Bp1ay4aE

And attached debug.log and logback.xml also.

Initially full uninstall and deletion of those files,(temp files and all) then fresh reinstall, did work initially... was able to add the shared folders easily. Quit, re opened, and it seemed to work. Quit again, waited a min, re opened, and error re appeared.

- rmleloup

Suggestions at this point? Beyond what you've literally directed, I have not done anything else.
Attachments
debug and logback.zip
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
rmleloup

Postby rmleloup » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

2nd debug.log on http://pastebin.com/m3LkGFKd

This one I just re opened pms just now... and... it's a literal blank error, and I mean it's an error pop up with NO information what so ever. Like it doesn't know what to do with itself
Attachments
Debug-logback-BLANKERROR.zip
attached is literal log and logback.
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
rmleloup

Postby meskibob » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm not seeing any error messages in the debug.log, just the standard closing of PMS. To confirm, you received the heap error message in a dialog box, yes?
In addition, it does not look like your logback.xml file was not changed. You need to modify line 84 (searching for "root level" should also find it) and change DEBUG to TRACE as detailed in the FAQ.
Please repeat the last three steps again.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby rmleloup » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 pm

meskibob wrote:I'm not seeing any error messages in the debug.log, just the standard closing of PMS. To confirm, you received the heap error message in a dialog box, yes?
In addition, it does not look like your logback.xml file was not changed. You need to modify line 84 (searching for "root level" should also find it) and change DEBUG to TRACE as detailed in the FAQ.
Please repeat the last three steps again.

Ok my bad, thought I changed it but missed it.

Error literally word for word is now... for no reason it's changed (no changes).

Configuration error: java.lang.outofmemoryerror: gc overhead limit exceeded

---

Updated "root level" - debug <-- that to TRACE.

New error

"Damaged cache has to be deleted but the program couldn't do it.
Stop the program and delete the folder c:\programData\PMS\database manually.

Did what it asked, and again came up with the error initalizing pms! <-- with BLANK error message... ie no clue what is going on...

Here is your requested log and requested logback.

debug.log
http://pastebin.com/GwG4Ciw6

And

logback.xml
http://pastebin.com/SJyLGSiy

Literal of each, and the attached files also, for viewing in your choice of style.

-rmleloup
Attachments
debug and logback.zip
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
rmleloup

Postby rmleloup » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Bump
rmleloup

Postby rmleloup » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 am

bump?
rmleloup

Postby meskibob » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:21 pm

There's no legitimate reason (at least not that I know of) to get a heap size error at the point, and it looks like it really is folder independent.
Are you running any other Java applications at the same time? If so, what happens when you close those and then run PMS?
Unfortunately there's no reason that I can think of for a gc call at that point in the debug.log (meaning the heap shouldn't be nearly that utilized). In order to diagnose this further, you'll probably need to install a java profiler like YourKit (it has a 15 day trial)
However, you should wait for the devs to confirm that this is the right path to go down before starting the trial that way as much troubleshooting as possible can occur within the trial window (or maybe they can direct you to a different profiler).
meskibob

Previous

Return to General Help and Support