Can't stop the stuterring

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Can't stop the stuterring

Postby id_mew » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:07 am

Hi, every movie I play whether avi, mkv, xvid , it always stutter during the movie.
I noticed it does this when my bit rate peaks at 10mb or higher, but if the peak bit rake remains under 8mb per second, it plays smooth.
I have a really powerfully computer, running an i7 3770k, 8 gigs of ram, and windows 8 64bit.
The PS3 is connected wirelessly but it's directly in front of my router with 100% signal.
The transcode buffer size is 400, and the number of cores used for transcoding is 8, so everything in PS3 media centre settings are default.
I've read the fags, tried different suggestions but I just can't get it to play smoothly.
Can anybody please share their thoughts with me?
Thanks in advance
id_mew

Re: Can't stop the stuterring

Postby gtaugh » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 am

hardwire it. my opinion is the wireless on the ps3 is your problem, nothing else.
gtaugh

Postby id_mew » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:00 am

So I went with the wired connection and my bit rate got a bit more stable, but my movies sometimes play a bit fast, probably by 1.5x the speed.
why would this be happening?
to fix it, I usually have to rewind a bit than it goes back to normal.
id_mew

Postby cattasraafe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:34 am

I've got a stuttering problem as well my my streaming but my seems to be stuck at 0-1. I any ideas on what might be eating the bandwidth? I've tried Upnp, port fowarding, Dropping firewalls completely and just allowing Pms3 in. and several other things. Any thoughts or other ideas would be fantastic.
cattasraafe

Postby zprewitt » Thu May 16, 2013 5:22 am

Stuttering issues here as well. Using 1.81 on a 2011 Mac Mini. Posted here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16795

For some reason, some files will jump up to over 100 mbs. I've fiddled with the maximum buffer size, the maximum bandwidth, I've tried changing the heap memory size in the conf, all to no avail.

It's really unfortunate, because I used to use this app religiously, it was the one streamer I could rely on. No longer, it seems.
zprewitt

Return to General Help and Support