Thumbnail no created for videos

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Thumbnail no created for videos

Postby mykee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Dear developers,

I have a problem with server: no create thumbnails for videos.
I tried with this settings:
- Transcoding settings - Misc Engines - dcraw Thumbnailer to top of this category
- under Navigation/Share settings tab checked "Generate thumbnails", "Use MPlayer...", "Image thumbnails", set seeking position to 2 seconds and "Alternate video cover path" to a standalone folder (for generate thumbnails to here)
- with and without administrator mode

but nothing happened. :( On my TV I can't see any video preview.

How can I set my server to optimal settings for generate thumbnails?

- My spec: P4 2,8GHz HT, 2 GB RAM, Win7 32bit, Server version: 1.70.1
- my device is Samsung D5500 TV
- use default MEncoder for transcoding
mykee

Re: Thumbnail no created for videos

Postby meskibob » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Does your TV actually support thumbnails? Do other media servers show thumbnails?
Not seeing anything for D series in these posts - search.php?keywords=samsung+thumbnail
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby mykee » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Yes, I have thumbnail with Serviio or KooRaRoo Media Server, but with this server not. :( I donb't know, why? And thumbnails no generated to my files, no any jpg or other files.
mykee

Postby dmitche3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 pm

I also am having problems with "cannot generate thumbnails" for both of my Samsung TVs. Eventhough I don't believe
it has anything to do with the TV.

Message: WARN 2013-01-23 16:14:08.498 [pool-23-thread-1] Can't create thumbnail for ....

I just installed the software the other day and I'm still playing around with the .conf file but I can't get a thumbnail to be generated for .avi or .mp4 (H264).

Thanks.
dmitche3

Postby apple78 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:48 am

hi ,

sorry I can't figure out what happened with your software.I tried the newest version.humbnail creates normally.How about update to the latest edition.as an amateur in image programming ,Im wondering if it is possible to integrate thumbnail generating with thumbnail create dll .It will be more stable and robust in thumbnail generating.

regards.
apple78

Return to General Help and Support