Assistance with setup - No renderers found!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Assistance with setup - No renderers found!

Postby billyboy35 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:11 am

Hi,

Just looking for some assistance for setting up the server with a Playstation 3. I've been through the tutorials and tried many combinations of things but unable to get a resolution.

Below are the specs for my system and attached is the debug log, if I could please have any pointers to assist in setting up that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

PS3 Media Server 1.72.0 Build d9fd0a44 – (2012/11/18)
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel i5 @ 3.2 GHz, 4.00 GB RAM, 32 bit operating system
Cable internet through Motorola SB4200 SURFBoard Cable Modem – to -
ASUS Wireless N Router - RT-N13U Rev.B1 – wireless to -
Play Station 3 12gb Slim
Last edited by billyboy35 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billyboy35

Re: Assistance with setup - No renderers found!

Postby billyboy35 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Does anybody have a similar router being the ASUS that can let me know if there's a particular setting that can resolve the issue of not finding the renderers.

Thank You
billyboy35

Postby meskibob » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

According to this DD-WRT wiki (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/As ... ia_Servers), this router has issues with DLNA/UPnP (both stock firmware and custom). You probably need a new router... :(
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby billyboy35 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks for the info mate. I will try uninstalling all the java updates and PMS and try a fresh install and hopefully that works. If not I might break the router over my head :lol:
billyboy35

Postby billyboy35 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Can anyone tell me why this F&&^%$G line keeps coming up?

INFO 2013-01-22 03:10:40.708 [UPNPHelper] No IP filter specified, access granted to /192.168.1.2

I followed these instructions below and still no outcome. What does that mean, is it really the ASUS router because it specifies it supports UPNP!

Try uninstalling EVERY version of java installed. Look in C:\windows\system32 and remove all java.exe and javaw.exe appls.

Then uninstall PMS. Then delete every folder relating to PMS (C:\Users\All Users\PMS, C:\ProgramData\PMS, C:\Program Files\PS3 Media Server). Then Reboot.

This clears out java and PMS and those remnants which never get removed by the uninstallers.

Finally Install latest version of Java. Reboot.

Then Install latest version of PMS.

This may also be a PATH issue to the correct version of Java. Go into your computers 'system properties' 'advanced' then 'environment variables' then 'system variables' - scroll down to PATH and edit it, to make sure you add the path to the latest version of java installed (e.g. ;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin - or whatever the latest version path is when java is installed) and make sure this entry is before the 'c:\windows\system32' entry)
billyboy35

Return to General Help and Support