access PMS through VLC?

For help and support with issues specific to Linux/Unix
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

access PMS through VLC?

Postby rayfield3 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:06 pm

I'm trying to access PMS, which is working fine serving my PS3, through my Ubuntu laptop -- I thought VLC might be the simplest way, but something seems to be missing.

PMS shows up under Local Network/Universal Plug'n'Play, but without any subfolders. On the other hand, the "Ready DLNA" on my router, which doesn't have anything attatched to it, already has four subfolders.
rayfield3

Re: access PMS through VLC?

Postby rayfield3 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:07 pm

update: I managed to get to VLC UPNP page and am trying to access PMS through that. I've seen elsewhere mentioned that VLC is very slow to populate, and I've got a lot of stuff in PMS.

However, traces is showing a heap of these:

INFO 2013-01-06 11:01:55.180 [New I/O server worker #1-4] Media renderer was not recognized. Possible identifying HTTP headers: User-Agent: Linux/3.5.0-21-generic, UPnP/1.0, Portable SDK for UPnP devices/1.6.17

I also noticed that the first time I tried, it wasn't until I killed PMS on my desktop box that the folders started (incompletely) populating in VLC on the netbook. Guess I'll give it another hour?
rayfield3

Return to Linux/Unix Support