iTunes songs stutter... FLAC songs do not

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

iTunes songs stutter... FLAC songs do not

Postby sdrph » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:14 pm

I can't figure this out. All songs in my iTubes library stutter badly while my FLAC songs play perfectly. I have a wired connection to the PS3 from my Cisco wireless router ( EA4500) and I'm on a Windows 7 pc. I've attached a screen shot of my general settings.
Attachments
photo (600x800).jpg
photo (600x800).jpg (255.86 KiB) Viewed 579 times
sdrph

Re: iTunes songs stutter... FLAC songs do not

Postby radamo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:32 pm

My iTunes library started to stutter last night too. I don't have any flac recordings although most of mine are Apple Lossless. I may go back and try the app straight up and not use as a service to see if that changes anything.
radamo

Postby sdrph » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Just noticed something...My songs will play normally if I access through the cache folder. What is the cache folder and why would this make a difference?
sdrph

Postby radamo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 am

Still can't resolve this on mine... Seems really odd. All of a sudden I can't get stutter free play. It was working great and then not... Have tried just about everything. May have to do a full unistall including registry and then reinstall see if that helps.
RA
radamo

Postby markaberrant » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:20 am

Everything had been running fine on my PS3MS for 2 months. I stream apple lossless (ALAC).

Noticed this week that some of my music took forever to start playing and would cut in and out. Noticed that "mplayer.exe" was using around 25% CPU when this was happening. Not happy.

I then further noticed that only files with tagged album art exhibited this problem. Files with no album art play flawlessly. I have even removed album art from a few files that would not play properly, and now they play fine.

This is certainly not a fix, but seem to have gotten a little closer to pinpointing the problem.
markaberrant

Postby enlike » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:10 am

All of a sudden I can't get stutter free play. It was working great and then not... Have tried just about everything. May have to do a full unistall including registry and then reinstall see if that helps.
enlike

Postby markaberrant » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

enlike wrote:All of a sudden I can't get stutter free play. It was working great and then not... Have tried just about everything. May have to do a full unistall including registry and then reinstall see if that helps.

It is truly maddening, I've wasted MANY HOURS over the last 2 years screwing around with ALAC playback on my PS3. It's always something, whether it is a new software install on my workstation, or PS3 firmware, or who knows. When it works, it is fantastic, but I'm getting sick and tired of troubleshooting, instead of just enjoying the music.
markaberrant

Return to General Help and Support