So, much to my delight i heard that my beloved ps3 media server would work with my xbox360 as well. However this does not seem to be the case.
When I navigate to MUSIC on the xbox, it sees the PS3 media server...however this is what happens:
1. I select "PS3 Media Server"
2. In the menu on the right, i select my C: drive
3. The menu that comes up shows me "Documents and Settings,Program Files,Temp,Users,Windows"
4. I select USERS, to browse to my music.
5. The menu that comes up displays "Play Song/Add to current playlist". It seems to be treating the folder as if it is a song, and i cannot navigate any further into the subfolders to access my music.
However, when I go to XBOX video, it allows me to navigate ALL my folders and subfolders and i can find my music there. However, i cannot play it from the video tab of the xbox.
I did a search of the forum, and tried using the magnifying glass and checking the cache box. That did not resolve the issue.
Anybody know if there is a work around for this? I dont use it for movies, only music so i am really hoping to try and get this resolved.