1.72 - nested folders - transcoding options

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

1.72 - nested folders - transcoding options

Postby irvinm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Running 1.72 on Windows 8 x64, I found an interesting problem. I currently have my videos in the following folder structure:

e:\media\done\movies\christmas\christmas specials\<files>

One of these Christmas specials was having audio issues, so I wanted to transcode it on the fly to see if I could get it to work. When I went to the #transcode folder for these files, it showed all of the files in that folder, but when I selected the file I wanted to transcode, it would not list anything when I tried to select it. I thought it might have to do with the "larger" number of files in that folder (73), so I moved the one I wanted up one folder level and then everything worked! I then thought it might have to do with the "directory string length", so I tried shorter directory string lengths but that didn't work.

Basically, it looks like PMS currently does not provide #transcoding options for files that are (5) directories deep ... when I moved it up to (4) I had no problems.

I can work around this as needed :D, but does anyone know if this is a known limitation or if there might be a way to configure this to work? :?:

Sincerely,
Mike
irvinm

Re: 1.72 - nested folders - transcoding options

Postby meskibob » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:40 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: 1.72 - nested folders - transcoding options

Postby irvinm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:52 pm

meskibob wrote:FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507#p15591

Thanks! I guess my preliminary searches didn't find that. Makes sense.

Sorry for the wasted thread! :geek:
irvinm

Return to General Help and Support