Audio stops, Video continues then both crash

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Audio stops, Video continues then both crash

Postby fatboyslick » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi

Relatively tech-free knowledge im afraid but ive been having ongoing issues with the media server - it may be to do with my Virgin SuperHub as it never used to happen on my O2 Broadband, but any help is appreciated.

So, watching every other video, about halfway through the audio will stop for 5 seconds and then the screen will freeze.
30 seconds later I get the media server disconnection error (cant remember no. off top of head) and I have to back out and try playing again (which it does from the start).

Sometimes, If I quickly press pause within the first 2 seconds of the audio freeze and then unpause 30 seconds later, I get the disconnection message but can play from the frozen screen fine.

Can any one advise?
Im thinking it may be the superhub and if so how can i improve the connection (PC wireless and PS3 wired incidently)

thanks in advance
fatboyslick

Re: Audio stops, Video continues then both crash

Postby fatboyslick » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Any ideas anyone?

Im thinking it may be simply to do with opening ports on the router but I dont know which ones
fatboyslick

Return to General Help and Support