MP4 file won't show up. Tried just about everything

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MP4 file won't show up. Tried just about everything

Postby SolidLuigi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Hey everyone. I have a movie file on my PC that won't show up on my PS3 through PMS. I'm updated to the latest PMS, all my other files show up. It's an mp4 file that I downloaded legally through CinemaNow. It's in it's own folder and when I go to that folder on my PS3 it says "There are no titles". The folder is not past 8 folders deep, it's only about 3, and I'm under the movies menu in the XMB. In fact I checked the folder under each category(music, photos, and movies) and the Jpg of the cover of the movie that downloaded with it shows up under pictures. I even moved the file out to my main directory where other movie files show, and it still wont show up in the list. I also tried changing the extension of the file to AVI, just to see if that would make it show up on my PS3 and it still said "There are no titles". I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks!
SolidLuigi

Re: MP4 file won't show up. Tried just about everything

Postby meskibob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby SolidLuigi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Ok. Here is my debug.log http://pastebin.com/m9uDJJEM
SolidLuigi

Postby meskibob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Which file is the one having issues?
Edit: based off you saying it was in its own folder, I'm guessing it's Prometheus. In that case, the debug.log is pretty clear. DRM'd files are not supported in PMS.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby SolidLuigi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Oh ok. Yeah it was Prometheus. I had a feeling it had to be something with the fact I got it off of CinemaNow. I guess they want me to use their player only. Thanks.
SolidLuigi

Return to General Help and Support