No Subtitles At All

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No Subtitles At All

Postby blueskies » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:30 am

Hi,

I'm using PS3 Media Server 1.70.1 on a Windows 7 PC.

When I watch the .mkv files with VLC player, the subtitles appear fine, however, no subtitles ever appear on any files played on the PS3 -- native, nonnative, etc.

I've played around with the transcode settings, but to no avail.

Currently, I have use ass/ssa checked, fontconfig/embedded fonts checked, and use embedded styles checked.

I have codepage for non-unicode set to UTF-8 and TrueType font set to my windows verdana file. I have FriBiDi mode checked.

Though I have played around with unchecking some of these things, and still nothing.

Any ideas?
blueskies

Re: No Subtitles At All

Postby chocolateboy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:21 pm

chocolateboy
Project Member

Postby blueskies » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:30 am

Upgraded to 1.72.

I have two types of media files -- 1080ps I ripped from my bluray collection, and 480ps I ripped from my DVD collection.

The 1080ps...the subtitles never actually appear.

However, on the 480ps they do...sometimes. When watching a 480p file, the subtitles just appeared out of nowhere -- they hadn't been there when I started watching, but a few minutes in all of a sudden they were there. Further, they didn't seem as stable as they looked when watching them on the computer...as if they were kind of flickering in -- hard to explain, but the frame rate on them just looked a bit off to me.

Could it be that my PC isn't fast enough to full transcode the higher def files? I have a i3 3.4ghz and 4GB of DDR3 ram. Using onboard graphics.
blueskies

Postby blueskies » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:37 am

And now the subtitles on the 480p video are gone again.

But, they did appear on a 1080p file, so I guess I was wrong about them never appearing. But again, they're unstable...kind of flickering and go away inexplicably for a while before coming back.
blueskies

Postby meskibob » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm

More information required - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=496
Specifically steps 6 and 7.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support