PMS on Sony KDL46HX850

Discuss alternative media renderers (not PS3) supported by PS3 Media Server (e.g. Xbox 360, TVs &c.)

PMS on Sony KDL46HX850

Postby whexican » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Howdy all,

I've been using PMS for about 3 years with great success. I recently purchased a Sony KDL46HX850 and I'm trying to get the server to work with the TV's streaming capability. The TV can see the server and the files, however when I try to play a video the system just hangs at a black screen. I have to exit. My thought it that there is something weird in the decoding of the file. This happens regardless of the format (mp4, mkv, avi, and etc.)

Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem?
whexican

Re: PMS on Sony KDL46HX850

Postby whexican » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm also working on creating my own config file based of the Bravia EX conf that comes with the PMS install. Tried it out and things seem to work. However, MKV files are really slow to control and the system will sometimes crap out. Is this just an issue with MEncoder?

I put tsMuxeR at higher priority, but only mp4 files came up. Is tsMuxeR able to decode mkv files? Most of my stuff is in MKV so I'd like to get that working "better" if possible.

I've uploaded my config file for any interested. It's my first attempt so constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
BraviaHX850.rar
Config file for Sony 46" HX850
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
whexican

Postby mazey » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 am

untick switch to tsmuxer, in transcode settings/mencoder options it gives u blank screens sometimes, just use mencoder for everything, it will work fine.
mazey

Postby ExSport » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

PMS ersions with "Switch to tsMuxeR" feature has a bug which probably will be fixed in next build but latest versions removed this feature globally so no solution for old versions....hm, I can make an update.jar file for v1.71 for testing purposes if someone want to try it if it helps.
ExSport

Return to Alternative Media Renderers