No Renderers Were Found

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No Renderers Were Found

Postby molski79 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:20 am

I am having trouble connecting to my ps3. I have been using this for over 3 months now and all of a sudden out of the blue I can not connect. A big red X with the words no renderers were found just appear. Nothing has changed with my router or network settings since this happened. I have looked over the link to common issues but have not been able to find anything. Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks!
molski79

Re: No Renderers Were Found

Postby turbo78 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:40 pm

I have the same... I configured PMS to work fine for a few days, and it worked some days after, and now it can not find my renderer (a Panasonic plasma)...

I have tried to restart server, to quit and launch again, restarting the TV, restarting the router and nothing works...

BTW on the TV i see PMS but can not connect it....
turbo78

Postby meskibob » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=20#p34933
For the OP, try giving your router a reboot.
If you need additional assistance - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=30#p38484
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby turbo78 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 am

Nothing helped from the suggestions...

I deinstalled and reinstalled PMS and now it works... don't know if it will work tomorrow...

Another 2 question

1. DVD.iso files
I see them through my TV, when I click on the iso file it opens the structure but cannot play it, I also can go into the TRANSCODED folder and have the files there but don't play them...

2. .wav files
I have some Audio CD-s ripped into .wav files, no compression used... these are viewed in the folder, but when i click a song, the player screen opens and I can see the name of the song but nor the lenght of the track nor the playback wont start...
BTW .ape, .flac, DTS Audio CD's are playing fine
Any ideas?
turbo78

Postby molski79 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:06 pm

All of a sudden my media server started working again a couple of days ago. I did not do anything different that caused it to reappear. But just a couple of hours ago, my computer went into sleep mode as I was working around the house listening to music and I have not been able to get it to work again. BTW, I have followed the FAQ and restarted router and all other ideas. I am not a computer genius or anything but I did check my router and firewall settings and nothing jumped out at me. I can not understand why this will work pretty consistent for a couple of days and then not work at all for a day or two.
molski79

Postby molski79 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 pm

does your still work now turbo? I reinstalled and that seemed to do the trick for a couple of days again and now it's still saying no renderers were found. This is so puzzling.
molski79

Postby molski79 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 pm

I have tried everything in the FAQ and still no results. I have avast! and have checked autosandbox. I disabled avast and still could not recognize media server. I have an Asus RT-AC66R wireless router and have followed the instructions for the router. I reinstalled PS3 media server and nothing was recognized. I then deleted it and installed Universal Media Server and am still having the same problems. I am almost out of ideas. This makes no sense why it will work and then not work and then all of a sudden come back and start working a day or two later.
molski79

Return to General Help and Support